• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mike Pop...question...

alphadeltaromeo

Mike Pop...do you have any pics of the inside of this unit and an explanation of what you've done to it? I really like how it looks...you've done a great job from what I can see on this picture.

Attachments

Mike_Pop

I'll take some pictures tomorrow and post them. The outside of the box has turned gray. I'll never use Aervoe again.

alphadeltaromeo

I'm curious...with all of the complaints folk have expressed on the paint, wouldn't that allow an opportunity to get money back or some replacement paint?

Can't wait to see the pics!

Mike_Pop

Ok, ok...pictures are coming. I'm working 10-12 hour days right now and it's difficult to get out and take pictures. Give an MV owner a little slack!

By the way, this camper is for sale.

Mike_Pop

Ok...I finally was able to get pictures and a high speed internect connection to upload them. For those of you who did not see this camper at Aberdeen in 2003 and are too impatient to wait a few days for pics...here you go.

This is a 1969 Unimog radio box off of a Unimog 404. I mounted it on an M105A2 trailer, keeping the pivoting system from the radio box, giving it great off road capability. The axle had to be moved back 18" to accommodate for the top heavy weight and to prevent "fishtailing". This is what was done:

Outside:
1. Under body storage boxes
2. Deuce spare tire carrier mounted underneath
3. Wired for 24v lights including markers all around
4. Rear bumper added
5. Mud flap brackets fabricated
6. Gerry can holders
7. Camo netting holder

Inside:
1. Removed all equipment and repainted interior
2. Installed original storage cabinets
3. Cut 12" out of original desk and remounted.
4. Wired for 24v lights to run off truck
5. Wired for 110v lights with outlets to run off a campground
6. Extra long twin bed built with a real mattress
7. Storage under the bed, enough to fit 10 milk crates
8. Wall to wall commercial carpeting
9. Screens made for windows
10. Original pull down shades for windows
11. Tool rack with bow saw, axe, first aid kit, & fire extinguisher
12. Gun racks which are great for storing folding chairs and umbrellas

I also have the military Unimog rear and side vestibule for this camper. They were used as additional rooms when the truck was parked.

If anyone is interested in this camper, it is for sale and located in Eureka, NV. Asking $2800 for it. ($2200 without the vestibules) The exterior paint has turned gray thanks to Aervoe.

I would like to get ahold of a 12' US shelter and make a bigger camper.

Attachments