• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mile Marker Industrial 24V Electric Winches - 12,000+ lbs cheap

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cool. Might be nice to run cables with quick disconnects and make some sort of quick on/off bracket on both ends of a winchless truck.

Just a thought.

sw

robr

Cool. Might be nice to run cables with quick disconnects and make some sort of quick on/off bracket on both ends of a winchless truck.

Just a thought.

sw
that's how my Hummer is set up with a 2" receiver hitch mount it works great
Im going to do something similar on my Deuce

emr

I have one brand new in box Hydrolic 10,000 lb Hummvee winch, the one that is replacing all the electric ones on them right now, a very complete kit, even has tow strap and snatch block, all acceries...1200..fyi...randy

Snarky

The stock PTO winch on the deuce is only rated for 10,000# isn't it? I've found some 24v winches that are 15,000# but they are all +/- 3000$. I figure anything above 10,000# is better than stock, but your power system might not be happy. I know the 8000# warn on my Toyota could probably pick the truck off the ground but it draws a lot of amperage.

The rule of thumb for winches on civilian vehicles is 1.5x gross vehicle weight, but I'm sure a 30,000# winch on the deuce might be a bit much for the front suspension.

This hydraulic winch is almost 450# Hydraulic Winches H20P H25P H30P Innovation Engineering Superwinch UK

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hope that's a typo on the HP30.

I'd sure hate to find a 20m diameter rope. :)

sw

robr

The stock PTO winch on the deuce is only rated for 10,000# isn't it? I've found some 24v winches that are 15,000# but they are all +/- 3000$. I figure anything above 10,000# is better than stock, but your power system might not be happy. I know the 8000# warn on my Toyota could probably pick the truck off the ground but it draws a lot of amperage.

The rule of thumb for winches on civilian vehicles is 1.5x gross vehicle weight, but I'm sure a 30,000# winch on the deuce might be a bit much for the front suspension.

This hydraulic winch is almost 450# Hydraulic Winches H20P H25P H30P Innovation Engineering Superwinch UK
your Toyota is 12 volt
24 volt cuts the amps in half a bigger 24volt winch would still pull less amps than a smaller 12 volt winch

hydraulic winches are great but then you have to find and mount a pump on the truck

Snarky

your Toyota is 12 volt
24 volt cuts the amps in half a bigger 24volt winch would still pull less amps than a smaller 12 volt winch

hydraulic winches are great but then you have to find and mount a pump on the truck
Here's my winch, the M8000 Warn Industries - Premium Series: M8000

The 24v volt version still pulls 235 amps at 8000#.... Of course it's 435 amps for 12v. Being 24v does cut the amps in half, but half of a lot is still a lot. I don't trust my deuce's batteries, because I know one is going bad, but I'm sure new batteries would have no problem.

Last edited:

robr

Here's my winch, the M8000 Warn Industries - Premium Series: M8000

The 24v volt version still pulls 235 amps at 8000#.... Of course it's 435 amps for 12v. Being 24v does cut the amps in half, but half of a lot is still a lot. I don't trust my deuce's batteries, because I know one is going bad, but I'm sure new batteries would have no problem.
yeah good batteries are a must

M8000 are great winches I had one on my Chevy Truck

my hummer has the Warn XD9000I I love it

Warn Industries - Premium Series: XD9000i Portable

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
Favorably comparing a 12,000lb electric winch to the 10,000lb pto winch on a deuce on anything but ease of use is laughable.

The deuce winch is grossly underated and can make very hard pulls over and over without breaking a sweat. Try the same with an electric and as soon as it gets hot (which will happen quickly if the pulls are close to capacity) and performance will suffer.

On a seperate note, IMO there is a world of difference between the MM hydro & electric.

robr

Favorably comparing a 12,000lb electric winch to the 10,000lb pto winch on a deuce on anything but ease of use is laughable.

The deuce winch is grossly underated and can make very hard pulls over and over without breaking a sweat. Try the same with an electric and as soon as it gets hot (which will happen quickly if the pulls are close to capacity) and performance will suffer.

On a seperate note, IMO there is a world of difference between the MM hydro & electric.
I would agree 100% the pto winch is much better in almost every way

the electric is better for ease of use, the wieght of the unit, one person can operate it and that you can set it up to be move from the front to the back of the truck

really it just depends on what you use your winch for

mudguppy

i have the SI12000 MM in the back of my deuce - it's a nice winch.

i must say, though, that MM being the 'exclusive supplier of winches for the military' is not an impressive statement - it just means they were the lowest qualified bidder and got the contract. gone are the days of 'military has the best stuff'....... often, the opposite is true.

also, destructive testing by gringletube to calculate shear pin breaking strength combined with gear ratio calculations puts the minimum line pull of the deuce winch over 13000lbs at the 5th layer. the 1st layer is well over 20000lbs line pull.

robr

I just got the 12V model of the SEC12 winch (the one with solid state controls) from Tonneau Covers, Lift Kits, Winches, Leveling Kits, Tires, Wheels & Tonneau Cover Parts by 4 Wheel Parts last week. I am super impressed with the build quality, and I hear great things about them. 4 Wheel Parts priced matched the lowest price I could find. Can't wait to test it out!

Winchdepot & 4X4wheelparts
are the same company & they both are running the same deal on these winches

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks