• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mile Marker Low Gear Issue

ChicagoM998

After Installing the mile marker 10.5K lb hydraulic winch while I was swapping the steel cable for a synthetic cable, I noticed it wouldn't lock into LOW gear. If rotating with the controller the low range lever would 'jump', as if it was trying to drop into one of the three positions, but unable. Of course when I got the winch I took it all apart to inspect the gears and reassemble (I couldn't help myself), so this issue may be my fault, but the assembly was pretty straight forward.

I spoke with Mile Marker and they said the ring that contains the planetary gears that allows the LOW gear lever to engage into has slightly offset holds on the outside and I must have put it in backwards. But this doesn't make sense to me, as the ring is only open from one direction, so it seems impossible for me to install backwards, as the planetary gears wouldn't have entered the ring.

With all that being said, I've read the appropriate way to engage the LOW gear lever is to first have it in free spool and then engage the level and by hand pull the cable out until it engages. I haven't had time, nor do I live where I store my Humvee, but I'm hoping this is the simple fix. The alternative is pulling everything apart, which I'd really like to avoid, as installing it was a challenging task alone.

Has anyone experienced anything similar with their winch? It's also worth noting, HIGH gear works just fine. And a final note, during the disassembly of the winch, I never disassembled the LOW gear lever. Any insight would be appreciated.

IMG_3261.jpgIMG_3262.jpgIMG_3263_2.jpgIMG_3264.jpgIMG_3666.jpgIMG_5576.jpg

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks