• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mileage life???

crazyplowboy

Everyone's truck is a little different based on the maintenance that was performed on it as well as how the GI's treated it. If you do a search for multifuel motor life or ife expectancy you will see that some guys have done overhauls after 50,000 and some have over 100,000 with no problems. Every truck is different.

Wolf.Dose

Due to the age of the trucks the designed livetime of the engine should be between 5000 and 10000 hours. However, if the truck saw depot maintanance, it was set to a standard called new even with old components. All was officially rebuilt to NEW standard.
The estimated livetime with the intended use and speed should be more than 200000 miles. The hourmeter counts 1400 rpm as a minute. Higher rpm will shorten the minutes. You will notic that, when you comare the engine hours driving to somewhere with the time spend on your wrist whatch,
I think you will not reach the mileage given by the engine live cycle.
Wolf

littlebob

When I got mine it only showed about 1500Miles since a rebuild and while that sounds good I don't thinkit was used in the last fifteen years. It seems to be OK, but your milage will be dependant on a lot of factors on an old truck. A truck like min that sat for a long time will probably have issues.

hoopsoft

My truck shows 70K and even though it seems alittle noisey when cold, oil pressure is always around 60 running down the road and 30 any other time, I wouldn't be afraid to jump in mine and go anywhere.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can't tell you how many times this topic has been discussed. I bet you will find a minimum of two threads, but most likely more if you conduct a search. One thread recently covered the highest mileage deuces that are known. Another asked how many miles could one expect out of a multifuel motor (that thread was repeated at least twice). Yet another asked how robust the motor was...and how long it would last before requiring a complete overhaul. No offense intended, but, if you think the topic you are asking about is one that could have been covered before, please do a search.

Now, to answer your question...it has been correctly stated above...there is NO way to tell how many miles you'll be able to get out of your truck. Most military trucks have fewer than 30K miles on them...with very few until recently showing more than 40K or 50K miles. The highest mileage deuce that I've seen had over 90K on the odometer. If you take care of it, it should last. Hopefully, it has not been abused so far during its life. With all this said, other threads have concluded that you will most likely NOT get a few hundred thousand miles out of the motor like other medium or heavy duty diesels.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks