• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mileage on 5 ton and 2 1/2 ton trucks?

reb87

I was wondering what kind of mileage say two cargo trucks get? A five ton with a 855 cummins and a 2 1/2 ton with the multifuel engine and what the multifuel gets with different kinds of fuel, Thanks, Ross/Nebraska

Alredneck

Banned
Off the top of my head close to 6ish running a mix of diesel and UMO with a touch of ATF. But im running 395s on my deuce so im not sure how much it will effect it yet. I was guesstimating from a trip I took the other day mileage divided by fuel used. Captain

Squirt-Truck (M-54-A2) gets 6 MPG at easy crusing, 45 MPH, 5 pushing her at 52-55 MPH, with 24,500# in the bed at cruse she gets 5.5+ with 33.000# in tow (54,160# GCVW) she will do 4.5+ MPG at 45 MPH. She has an LSD-1A that I run at 200+ degrees. I run diesel with 20% waste motor oil.

Autocar

M813 5T with Cummins. Ran unloaded on diesel from Southern Cal to Northern Cal (400 miles) all freeway at 52MPH(max speed) & got 7 MPG.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My Deuce MF got a little over 8mpg on the way back from Smyrna, TN running 50-55 all the way in the rain.

beaubeau

There are so many variables when considering MPG I believe a Deuce will average 10-12mpg with strait Diesel. What kind of roads are U running ol? Strait hiway like in the south,or hills and mountains in the north?? I get the same running Used motor oil at 30% diesel. Trans oil and Hydrolic oil run well in a Deuce.

Gamagoat1

My M816 got 3.5 mpg with the NHC 250 but since rebuild it has a bunch more power and response so I'll have to check it again. Book claims 4.3 mpg but I think altitude has a big effect.

Attachments

reb87

Here is my truck

The euc was sent to battle creek today. This is my first buy from gl, I hope all goes well. Im planning on driving it home to nebraska from fort carson. I will use it for hauling corn and other farm stuff. It kindof looks like the drives door is sprung out a little at the top

Attachments

mcmullag

uh

reb87,
I walked around that truck at the lot bout 3 wks ago, nice truck, really good tires but I personally wanted the one next to it. Yours has a kinda smushed in RF fender. Not a huge deal, hey, you gots really low mileage on it. guess you may get 5 or 6 mpg driving it back home, downhill to NE.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Reb87, from the picture it looks like your drivers window might just be rolled up too far and hit the roof when the door closed. Mine does that, roll it back down a bit and it should close nicely. They are a sloppy fit when rolled up.

Cheers

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks