• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mileage?

tm america

ive got a ldt-1d in mine it gets 13mpg even pulling a m105 with the cover but i have 15.5s on my truck and fuel turned up.stock i got 9-10mpg i think d turbos get better gas milage.anyone getting better than 13 with a c turbo:?:

Chevytruck

the multifuel in the A2 is the same across the board, the millage vary s anywhere from 8-15 or even less, and it depends on what you got on and how its tuned.

scooter01922

the multifuel in the A2 is the same across the board, the millage vary s anywhere from 8-15 or even less, and it depends on what you got on and how its tuned.

Thats pretty much correct except 15 is a bit optimistic. More like 8-12, 12 being the very best you could ever hope to do in a stock truck under better than ideal conditions. About 10 is average it seems.

grounded

Banned
yup. along with more fuels.

My milage dont change any. I ran one tank of straight diesel and dont notice a diffrence so i run stale gas, diesel or straight WMO. (by WMO i mean a mixture of motor oil, hydraulic, trans, whatever we drain out of a vehicle or truck goes in same tank ;) )

bgekky3

When I moved form El Paso to Ohio I got 6.0 MPG in the hills of New Mexico. I averaged 8.87 for the whole trip. The speedo broke along the way, so I used GPS miles to gallons for the overall. The truck was very heavy, covers, and a 105. I was running 1200 in the mountains, so I was easy on the skinny pedal. Once I got out of the mountains, it was hard to get it over 950. I acctually stopped and checked the filters, bc I thought they plugged up. I have since turned up the fuel, but it hasn't seen a load like the move.

mahdey

When I moved form El Paso to Ohio I got 6.0 MPG in the hills of New Mexico. I averaged 8.87 for the whole trip. The speedo broke along the way, so I used GPS miles to gallons for the overall. The truck was very heavy, covers, and a 105. I was running 1200 in the mountains, so I was easy on the skinny pedal. Once I got out of the mountains, it was hard to get it over 950. I acctually stopped and checked the filters, bc I thought they plugged up. I have since turned up the fuel, but it hasn't seen a load like the move.
how do you go about turning up the fuel in one of these things?

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Often when I have a deuce on display at an event (usually a shameless attempt to sell trucks) some wag will point out the low fuel milage potiential of a deuce.
My responce is "well I make my own fuel for about a buck a gallon or less so it really doesn't matter to me what fuel cost".
If you are buying a duece (or any other MV) for fuel milage you are backing up from the get-go.
I drive them for fun, to work them like a rented mule, and because they bring back fond memories of my misspent youth.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks