• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Military Appreciation Day Lacey, WA.

AN/ARC186

Saw DMA's recently sold HEMTT at the MAD at the Cabellas in Lacey WA.
Talked with one of the new owners, glad to see it went to such a great home.
Got there too late to set up in the display area, found a parking space of the proper dimensions and took a look at a few of the displayed vehicles. Met Mike, from the Evergreen Military Vehicle Assoc. he took his truck on the transcontinental convoy(put an air seat in just for the trip)
The display coordinator had him set up next to a Stryker. No contest there, give me a Deuce anytime!

Attachments

wsucougarx

I was hoping to see some pics of that event. I was hoping to make it to that event but found it upon myself to take a nap instead:roll: The OT at work and staying up last night until 0130 hours rebuilding winches didn't help. Glad you had a good time!!

Stalwart

Nice meeting you Dan, the people there were very nice aside from the usual actors that thought they owned my HEMTT. It was amazing that Chris Brown undertook the 7300 mile trip in an old Deuce but it never let him down and wound up with an average fuel mileage of 10.4 mpg over the entire trip.

I was offered the Stryker for $2000 and I could drive it away, my wife would be pleased, she wants one beside her Fox.

KsM715

Uh Was that $2000 , $20,000, or $200,000? for $2000 it would be in my driveway in a heartbeat. Unless of course it was one of those "actors" trying to make a qwik buck.

ABN173

I had wanted to attend as well but I did not hear about it until the day prior, my wife had worked a grave yard shift the night prior and my daughter had a party to attend so it was not in cards. Still maybe with more notice I could have made it, oh well there is always next time.

-Dale

Stalwart

Uh Was that $2000 , $20,000, or $200,000? for $2000 it would be in my driveway in a heartbeat. Unless of course it was one of those "actors" trying to make a qwik buck.
Nope it was a soldier, he said he didn't sign for it so it wasn't his butt on the line. One of the General Dynamic's people there said it was OK with him too, he didn't sign for it either. They were joking of corse, they knew they'd get $2000 and the vehicle back a while later and I'd get put in jail. :grin:

They really need to fix I-5 north of Tacoma, without the air ride seats we would have had bleeding kidneys from the bouncing. Unladen, the HEMTT is too heavily sprung, but on smooth roads it is a dream to drive, TOTALLY effortless. It needs at least 5-10 ton in the back to smooth things out.

Fun day though, aside from the usual "I paid for that truck" group.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks