• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Military blinker buzzer installed

MtnSnow

I would love to see a video with sound while the beasts are being driven so that real world volume of the buzzer over the sounds of a driven truck can be determined. I really like the idea of a very simple and clean install but if it can't really be heard when operating the truck doesn't do me any good and I'll just run some wiring from the bulb socket to activate a piezo buzzer mounted to the steering column if need be. Wouldn't be as clean a install but for sure would be loud enough to hear.

Gunzy

Mike, come up some time and we'll go for a ride in my A0. I can hear it just fine
with the holes in the green cover.

Those Military Guys

Supporting Vendor
i will have the video tomorrow i had to drive my duramax to work i had to meet up with someone so i will take the video tomorrow on the way to work and post it when i get to work
again sorry for the delay

bonedoc

Well I got mine and it worked perfect. I have a deuce which is much louder than a 5 ton but it has a Donaldson muffler so it isn't as bad as a straight pipe. The installation was quick and easy. If I put the original green cover over the bulb it is very quiet but after drilling a couple 1/8" holes in the sides it was plenty loud enough to be heard with the truck running without it being blarring!!
Here are a few pics. I also got their magnetic cupholder and that works great as well. I sure would of loved to of had that for my 400+ mile trip home several weeks ago. It mounts solidly and could easily be drilled if someone wanted to permanently mount it.

Attachments

Those Military Guys

Supporting Vendor
Last edited:

bonedoc

Pretty much where I put the holes on my deuce. Without drilling the holes it is much too quiet for a deuce. With a couple small holes on sides, you don't even see them, it is much louder and fine for a deuce with a muffler. If you have a straight piped deuce that you need ear muffs to drive you are not likely to hear much, let alone the buzzer.

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just installed mine and it annoys the crap out of me[thumbzup].......So, it works great! I can even hear it with earphones on. Great idea! Thanks Those Military Guys.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks