• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Military Family Appreciation Day - Sept. 7, 2013 Cabela's Lacey, WA

Amer-team

Wanted to get this on the calendar before too many found other things to do that day. This event has been going for several years now and is a way for the community to show support for the military families that are both here and the ones left behind due to multiple deployments. It gives them a chance to get off post and do something fun with the children. There are games, food, booths, and historice displays (that's where we come in). More on this event as it gets closer.

All era of military vehicles are welcome. Let me know if you are coming as space is limited at this event. In the past they usually have 2 or 3 current vehicles, but due to budget cuts, this situation is in doubt. Our participation may become more important.

Amer-team

Sounds good will keep you posted. On Saturday if you would like, there is a group meeting at the Lacey Park n ride at 0730 with a 0800 pull out to AFD at JBLM. You could meet some of the other folks and tag along with them and they know where they are going. I will probably be there a bit earlier as I will have a bigger set up. Peter

scopionf89

Where is the Lacey park n ride? If you provide me with directions starting from I-5 I will be happy to meat the others their and convoy to JBLM.

Amer-team

It is exit 109, the Martin Way exit off I-5. They are planning on being there at 0730 with roll out at 0800. If you have other questions, please send a note or give a call 360 870 0706. Peter L.

Amer-team

Time to reboot Military Family Appreciation Day on Sept. 7, 2013. If you are interested in attending please let me know. Space is limited, but if we have the folks and vehicles to warrant, I will get there early and cone off some additional parking adjacent to the event.

check in soon on this one. Thank you, P.

Amer-team

Ft. Worden will be a fun event as well.
Family Appreciation Day is to give the families some fun down time and it is nice to have an event that is close for a change.

scopionf89

Close is always good. The armed forces day was fun and close. This fort wording this is going to be the first camping trip I have been on since I got in the army and the first one my wife has ever been on. It will be fun to go camp with out the army spoiling the fun. The army seems intent on screwing with me one more time. I might not be able to go to the Ft. worden thing, right now that is looking like a 50/50 chance. My company is having a competition for a pass next week and that pass is for the weekend of the ft. worden campout. I was verbally told that I could go but you know how things go nothings certain unless you get it in writing. It would really suck to have to earn a pass twice.

Amer-team

This one is on in the morning. Try to be there no later than 0900. Parking will be an issue, but I will try to save a couple spots for late comers or walk ons. We will be sharing the field with a Stryker or two and probably a HMMV as well.
So far we have 2 WW2 jeeps, M170, CCKW, M151, and an M880 series truck.
See you in the morning. P