• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Military Fire Trucks

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Remembrance Day fire support

I did an "Images" search for "Chevrolet Class 325 Fire Truck" so I could drive myself nuts wanting another style of MV. Real sweet looking 2 axle truck. Clicking on the image then clicking on "Go to page" on this next link may net you some better photos.

Here's a shortened link to the images.
TinyURL.com/zvbmxre

Here's a link to one of the pages and one of the photos off their site http://vehiclesofvictory.com/resources/fire-trucks-of-wwii/

chev fire truck.jpg

shokunin98

I did an "Images" search for "Chevrolet Class 325 Fire Truck" so I could drive myself nuts wanting another style of MV. Real sweet looking 2 axle truck. Clicking on the image then clicking on "Go to page" on this next link may net you some better photos.

Here's a shortened link to the images.
TinyURL.com/zvbmxre

Here's a link to one of the pages and one of the photos off their site http://vehiclesofvictory.com/resources/fire-trucks-of-wwii/

View attachment 653470
I got different fotos if I staret this image search, so:
Thanks a lot. Very interesting the pictures of the ebay set.

I got a feedback from the overloon museum. In the week it is possible to make fotos from all sides of the vehicle if I make an appointment with one of the supervisors of the museum. I made some fotos at my last visit, but the show only a few details of the upper construction.

shokunin98

I got different fotos if I start this image search, so:
Thanks a lot. Very interesting the pictures of the ebay set althoug it is 1/48 and only a class 135 vehicle. If visited the site of tankworkshop and found larger images and an instruction sheet. Nice.

I got a feedback from the overloon museum. In the week it is possible to make fotos from all sides of the vehicle if I make an appointment with one of the supervisors of the museum. I made some fotos at my last visit, but the show only a few details of the upper construction.

Last edited:

shokunin98

The base of the truck will be a resin kit of Masters Productions, Ref. 35013, Cargo Truck 1 1/2 ton chevy.
And regarding to the parts for the fire truck conversion there is no commercial kit I can buy so I need plans and detailed fotos to scratch it with plastic and metal materials.

Another Ahab

The base of the truck will be a resin kit of Masters Productions, Ref. 35013, Cargo Truck 1 1/2 ton chevy.
And regarding to the parts for the fire truck conversion there is no commercial kit I can buy so I need plans and detailed fotos to scratch it with plastic and metal materials.
That should be a fine project, shokunin98; sure hope you'll start a thread about it so we can follow the build. [thumbzup]

shokunin98

Here a short intermediate result:

I contacted Jim Davis, who could give me a lot of information about such chevy fire trucks because of his stake in WWII.
The idea with the truck in the Overloon museum was good but Jim had a better idea: He established a contact to someone in the netherlands who restored such a fire truck and called it "Jim" after Jim's visit there. I will visit Robert in january next year to take pictures and do some measuring regarding to the upper body of the truck.

Furthermore I contacted Jim Darley from W.S. Darley & Co. who could give me a lot of information about the darley pump mounted on the bumper of the truck. With these informations it must be possible to scratch such a pump. I will use a program that supports me to print any loaded picture in a scale regarding to a range I define in the program, for example:print the foto so that the width of the pump is 15mm and I get a print with the pump in scale.

And I contacted someone at shapeways who offers parts for fire equipment in 1/24 and was able to print it in my scale. I'm curious about how the parts will be printed.
You can see: The project accelerates.

Best
Rafael

WV New Guy

For some reason I never saw this thread till today . I posted pics of the new USMC P-19 replacement and two pics of an unknown Crash Truck that was assigned to the National Guard in Lancaster PA , somewhere I have pics that show the old school air operated kinsman rescue tool, one of many before the well know Hurst tool came into play. I will also post some pics of our ARFF rigs from Work , There green just the wrong shade!

Attachments

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm going to BUMP this thread with a video "SCAVENGER HUNT" of sorts.

Watch this video and then answer TWO questions:

1. How many Fire Trucks, Rescue Trucks, etc. rollout for this "ALARM"???

2. How many (obviously) former MILITARY VEHICLE based apparatus mustered for this event???

I'm impressed, to say the least.
A lot of blood, sweat, and tears went into the restorations and preservations depicted here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xUtEYZpupw

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm going to BUMP this thread with a video "SCAVENGER HUNT" of sorts.

Watch this video and then answer TWO questions:

1. How many Fire Trucks, Rescue Trucks, etc. rollout for this "ALARM"???

2. How many (obviously) former MILITARY VEHICLE based apparatus mustered for this event???

I'm impressed, to say the least.
A lot of blood, sweat, and tears went into the restorations and preservations depicted here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xUtEYZpupw
Here's a "Second Alarm" video of this same event, but from a different tactical vantage point....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQYEYGVftVg

cucvmule

collector of stuff
Awesome thread, I still see Military Fire trucks used as Tankers or off road brush trucks.
The last M715 I seen a few years ago was an auction from the Antonio Fire Dept, Antonio Missouri.