• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

military fuel additives anti gell ?

Iam not shure what fourm to put this in. Iam going to recover a m931a2 thursday morning in indy. I would like to know if the military puts fuel additives in to keep from gelling. It is going to be single digits thursday morning. Thanks

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
There is no telling when that truck was turned in to DRMO to be surplused out. I would advise going to a truckstop and picking up whatever they sell to keep fuel from gelling. This issue you are going to have is that (1) the fuel may already be gelled up in the filters and lines and (2) the fuel in the tank may be jelled also. You can put a gallon or two of regular gas in the tank (if it is full) to keep it from gelling. I would have a Plan B in place since cranking one in extreme cold can be difficult. The batteries will be low due to the cold and you will prob have to slave it off. Take a can of starting fluid with you. Let it sit and idle for at least 15 minutes before you take off to let the transmission fluid warm up. Make sure the fan clutch is working or it will take forever for the engine to get hot enough to make the heater work good. If the fan is stuck on you may want to block part of the radiator with some cardboard to get the engine up to temp.

I have picked up some anti gell and some diesel 911 for fuel that is gelled up.I have new fuel filters too. I talked to Bob Rainville this morning he is in indy and he said the military put additives in the fuel and he said he would go check it out for me today. Bob seems like a great guy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks