• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Military generator?

james e

Hi, all. Hoping someone can help me here. I was given a 1950s genset that I believe is military but not sure. The thing has been bomb caned white but every where I check there is army green under it. All military designations are gone. Hoping someone could I D the thing. It has a continental HD260 diesel, and a katolight 15 kw head. 3 phase, 10 wire. model# 52msss. BTW the thing runs great and makes power. Will post pics when I figure out how.

Attachments

Isaac-1

I will say that it does look military, I would guess 1960's, perhaps there is someone here that will recognize it, but you should be aware that during that era the military had no standardized generator system, so in the mid 1960's they started the MEP generator standardization program when they realized they had a logistics nightmare trying to supply parts for hundreds if not thousands of different models of generators.

storeman

The MEPs we are buying from GL now were just beginning to arrive new in Germany when I was in battalion command from 80-83. What we had in 70-73 on my first tour in Germany was the mish-mash that Ike described, very few operational units due to lack of supporting parts system.
Jerry

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks