• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Military Heavy Equpment

Old Duece

I've looked through the forums here and noticed that some thing is missing HEAVY EQIUPMENT?. If you aske me they are the unsung heros of the military moving supplies loadnd and unloading convos moving containers, doing dirtwork etc.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Not enough members here have the stuff to make a separate forum worthwhile.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Subscribed.

I'm INTERESTED !

Could this be made a POLL to obtain imperical quantitative "evidence" of interest, Clinto? Thanks.
Might not warrant a "forum", but it sure IS a "specialized category of the MV Hobby" just as Mules, Goats, and Amphibians might be. IMHO

big b

I love heavy equipment thats why I became a SEABEE all types of heavy equipment old equipment and new equipment. I always like to see restored SEABEE equipment especially from WWII those machienes where run by real operators.

M715VFD405

IDK just my 2 cents worth here but if we all wanted small vehicles in our hobby we would be on a prius website. This equipment deserves as much credit as any other imho they did as much or more for this country as any deuce :driver:

Sportsman762

I have a strong intrest in heavy equipment especially military versions. I have attached a couple photo's that I have collected off of the internet.
1, 2, A Caterpillar D8 that was used on the DEW line and on e-bay a couple years ago. It was in Alaska and no one bought it.
3,4, A Rome plow based off of a Caterpillar D7E I think is in Georgia.
5, A prototype Clark FAMECE with dump bed that was sold on GL.
6,7 A caterpillar DV43 Container handler.
8, 9 Caterpillar 120 Grader.
10 International 6x6 with drill rig.

Attachments

saddamsnightmare

June 24th, 2012.

And don't forget all the locomotives & railway equipment, and the military tugboats and barges, and even the Army FP freighters (like the one on Mr. Roberts, which was built for the Army)............:-D

L1A1

The 6000 pound rough terrain forklifts made by Anthony and Chrysler were awesome pieces of equipment........I'd love to have one to use around the farm.
it's been years but Coleman Surplus up in Millersburg,PA had some of those forklifts for sale. They weren't too outragous either. Got to go for a ride on one while I was there 8). I have very limited use for one (not like that's ever stopped us from buying an MV :wink:) and they really aren't "streetable" which is probably why more people don't own them. Very cool none the less.
Matt

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks