• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Military low boy trailers 15-20k

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm not having much luck. I tried the super duper Google search where I entered SS as a site specific place to look. Nada, amigo! The other searches of the net only came up with those worthless info sites that have no info!

I mean, it's easy enough to look at the trailer and see if it's a pintle or 5th wheel towed unit. Plus the capacity is usually stated. What got me onto this search is the conversation regarding some of the trailers being over the legal limit for width. If there are any rules like "three digit trailers are go, four digit trailers are no-go" that would suffice.

I'd hate to score a trailer that needs 4" cut out of the middle to make it legal:-? so I'm trying to find out if there is a look up table on dimensions or if I'm gonna have to go out and measure every trailer in sight!

Edit: I was confirming the width on a deuce using TM 361 and found what it is I am asking for:

Is there any "Tabulated Data" on either or both the pintle or 5th wheel trailers?

Meanwhile, I will go look at the TM library for trailer info.

Rick

Last edited:

Nonotagain

I'm not having much luck. I tried the super duper Google search where I entered SS as a site specific place to look. Nada, amigo! The other searches of the net only came up with those worthless info sites that have no info!
Rick

Go to LOGSA ( https://www.logsa.army.mil/etms/ind...7fac3a036-5E546E3D-D133-4871-311440F2E6EDA598 ) and type in the model number (pub title) for the trailer that you are interested in then download the TM for the trailer.

Don't be alarmed by your browser alerting you to a problem with the sites certifiicate as for whatever reason, it's out of date.

rchalmers3

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Go to LOGSA ( https://www.logsa.army.mil/etms/ind...7fac3a036-5E546E3D-D133-4871-311440F2E6EDA598 ) and type in the model number (pub title) for the trailer that you are interested in then download the TM for the trailer.

Don't be alarmed by your browser alerting you to a problem with the sites certifiicate as for whatever reason, it's out of date.
Thanks, Nono but probably because of my location off shore, I cannot connect with the Logsa website using either Mozilla Firefox or Explorer.

Rick

tamangel

?????? came back as woman's dress
yes, exactly..Just googling MX1048 doesn't get you anything..

I looked on that LOGSA site and nothing comes up for the MX1048 at all.. Is that the correct title/M# for that trailer? Seems not to be anything out there with that trailer title..

Mike

rchalmers3

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mike,

Again I am denied access to this site, being cited as an "abuser" even though it is the first time I have sought to connect.

What are the dimensions for the xm1048?

Rick

tamangel

MODEL DESIGNATION: XM1048
Overall Trailer Length: 234.75 inches

Drawbar Length: 66 inches

Deck Height: 36.5 inches loaded

Deck Length: 160 inches

Deck Width: 96 inches

Weight, Empty, Flatbed 5,860 lbs

Weight. Maximum

Cross—Country

Towed Load: 18.220 pounds

there is another one listed with all the same specs except the following:
Model Designation X141034
Deck Height 36 inches loaded
Weight, Empty, Flatbed 5,160 lbs
Weight. Maximum
Cross—Country
Towed Load: 15,760 pounds

Mike

wmmscott

Does anyone know how you would hook up a civilian drop-neck trailer to a military tractor (M932)? The civillian tractors have the hydraulics on them to run the drop neck.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You'd have to put a wetline kit on a tractor (easy if it is a M932, tie it into the winch hydraulics) or put a pony engine and pump or a 24vdc power pack on the trailer.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Thanks guys. I'll check on that. Would I have to engage the winch to use it, or does it go on before the valve? I'm a novice at this.
If you go with the winch hyd. system, the reservoir is not big enough,

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks