• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Military Museum Participates in Europen Soft Air Tournament

Carlo

I rented 6 of my trucks this last weekend to haul "troupes" from one battle zone to the other. I had no idea this sport was so popular. These guys spend hundreds to thousands of Euros on their weapons, clothing, and etc.. The USA forces were against European forces and the US won! Some of these guys fought 24 hours straight! I'm a 25 year veteran and still in the reserves but I can't see the fun in it. Guess I'm "played" out. I do enjoy uses these trucks for what they were met to be used for.
Apart from a radiator leak in the M923A1 all went well for the equipment.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgit.jpg

it2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
We won?! Oh that's right, guess that was because he wasn't in charge.

Gotta say that that looks pretty neat. I think I'd be too played out also but it looks neat.

Flyingvan911

We use out deuces to support the D-Day paintball game down in Oklahoma. We also use them during out Operation East wind airsoft game. The D-Day game is huge. The East Wind game is small with a max of 60 people on each side (NOTA and Warsaw Pact). Deuces are great fun for moving people.

Carlo

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgAnother rental but ths one had all my trucks, 2 APC's. Very cool place in the mountains. I made some money today for the first time and I'm happy.
This club was very serious.

nchittendon

Yeah, those airsoft guys go nuts!
I'm an avid paintballer, so we have the whole "ford vs. chevy" rivalry between the two groups. But, we also have some guys that do both. And yes, thousands can be spent on gear just to go play "pretend." lol

One of my kits:
71517_10150298580505657_3326087_n.jpg
Some of my team making a drive across a clearing.
529722_349759141746479_1300349037_n.jpg

One of our fellow big teams even made their own "tank" for paintball purposes. A lot of creativity goes into this stuff!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlSKx5ov1tA

Last edited:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
So for those of us on the outside, what's the difference between airsoft and paintball?

nchittendon

Airsoft shoots a little plastic BB. They can range between 250 and 700 feet per second.

Paintball shoots a .68 caliber gelatin paintball. 99% of legitimate fields are regulated at 300fps or lower.

The airsoft guys are almost strictly milsim only. Paintball basically has two renditions (with variations of each): Woodsball and Speedball.

My personal feelings: airsoft is an honor game. It can quickly turn into a couple of 5 year old adults screaming at each other yelling "I shot YOU first!" Paintball is still very much so an honor game, however when you get cracked with a paintball traveling at 280fps, the bruise is a constant reminder that you were, in fact, hit. There are videos of airsoft guys being injured by the BB's but that is simple disobedience and lack of rules/enforcement.

Carlo

These rentals are one way I can keep my collection healthy and under a roof. Many of these men are carabinieri, state police, workers, office people, students. I see more discipline in there ranks than the real army. To speak to the commanding general I was challenged no less than 10 times in one km. They had security on the roads as in check points. I was also stopped by a roving security team!
I had fun!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks