• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

military radios on ebay

dozenjeeps

I bought a estate full of military radios and I have them on ebay this week.......check cherrylanedc .......I have about 50 listings on radio stuff for sale, I am going to the Market of Marion first week of February MVPA show and can bring anything you buy to the show for free delivery........as you know some of these are pretty heavy and you can save a bunch on postage.............

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
cherrylanedc does not show any hits on EBAY searches (but I'm inept at searching). Maybe do yourself a favor and mention some of the specific items we could search for to find your items? How does one search for a particular vendor? Thanks

Last edited:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
cherrylanedc does not show any hits on EBAY searches (but I'm inept at searching). Maybe do yourself a favor and mention some of the specific items we could search for to find your items? How does one search for a particular vendor? Thanks
On geebay hit search, advanced search, pick by seller than put in his seller name.

papakb

It would have been nice if he had left some of the AM-65s and RT-70 together. They make up a nice RT/intercom setup for vehicles. Low power and don't take up much space. I hope the dogbones haven't gotten lost.

Kurt

KG6KMJ

dozenjeeps

Tried to get some help from some radio people about selling these, even offered to sell the lot to a couple people, but the offers were for about a 10th of what I got on ebay.........would have liked the lot to go to someone that new about the radios as I know nothing about them........I was asked to take a few apart to show inside pics and they looked like new........I only bought the lot to outfit my MV'S and to sell the rest to cover my costs....as far as taking the radios apart like the type mentionioned above, it seemed to me to be a way to market them the best to guys that needed a certain part and they still could buy the componets to go back together......anyway the whole lot is almost gone as of now, and appreciate the help and advice from the bidders........

scottgs

What happened to the AN/GRC-9? I was bidding and now it's closed early and says:

"This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available."

Is it for sale?

Garret

dozenjeeps

Hi, sorry, I had a guy from Taiwan that bought 3 items and then could not pay for them......so I relisted them...the GRC-9 was cancelled by mistake, I relisted it with a buy it now of 250.00 as I am running out of time to finish up on the radios and someone bought it less than a 1/2 hour after........

scottgs

Well Bummer... Wouldn't it have been more fair to let the bidders know what you were doing so we could have had a chance to buy it?

Regardless, thanks for letting me know what happened. Thankfully they made more than one!

Garret

Last edited:

dozenjeeps

sorry, did not know how to do that and besides I put a buy it now cheap enough to be done with it, I thought.....tried to sell to SS members but no interest in my posts so I went to ebay to sell 30 radios or so as at least there was some interest, only thing was I had a lot of problems with bidders that do not pay after buying and it caused problems......at least I have some room now and some people are happy..........again sorry for confusion, would rather give deals to MV Owners.....

123mack

Might be good that the guy from Tiawan backed out. I suspect that your shipping the GRC-9 to him may have put you in violation of ITAR. Since Emmado22 sells to the DOD, maybe he can say if thays true or not.

scottgs

No problem. I wanted it for my Dodge WC-63, mainly because the GRC-9 looks so close to the WWII BC1306, but it will work more ham bands. But, I've got a long time to go until the Dodge is ready for accessorizing!

I agree on the export. That radio should be technically ok, but you never know what can happen in customs. I've exported and imported several radios, and had at least one turn into a customs hassle.

Garret

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks