• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Military Sandard Generator

Joseph

I have a 10KW military sandard generator And I am looking for info for it . It's a 4A084 the engine tag calls for a TM 52805 204-14&24P it is MFD. by Hupp Corp Herculis Div. in 9-66.
The generator tag calls for a TM 5-6115-275-12 that seems to not exist the FSN for the generator head is 6115-907-0614 does anyone know where to find info on this unit. I am tring to trouble shoot the windings and need the manual for the correct measurments.

Attachments

Last edited:

Isaac-1

Is this a MEP-018, it sounds like it based on the size and the engine, not sure about the NSN and don't have time to look it up right now?

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A -12 manual is for individual and direct (company or battalion level) support. The -14 manual goes all the way from the individual operator to theater support (not quite all the way back to the factory). So, the -14 manual will have everything that a -12 manual has, and more!! Enjoy!

Joseph

A -12 manual is for individual and direct (company or battalion level) support. The -14 manual goes all the way from the individual operator to theater support (not quite all the way back to the factory). So, the -14 manual will have everything that a -12 manual has, and more!! Enjoy!
Okay thanks for clearing up the difference in the manuals now it is time to dirty and see if I have a piece of junk or a gem.

DieselBob

Not to pee in the corn flakes, but there seems to be a lot of missing parts from the looks of it. I can get some pics of mine if you like so you can compare.

Joseph

Not to pee in the corn flakes, but there seems to be a lot of missing parts from the looks of it. I can get some pics of mine if you like so you can compare.
Yeah it is missing the control panel and voltage regulator if the windings in the gen head are okay I am going to get a regulator from Basler. I am also going to connect it for 120/240 single phase 3 wire and leave it that way. I am also going to mount it on an industral 4 cyl. gas engine that I have that is currently driving a 7KW Onan 120/208y generator. As far as the engine I haven't fiqure out what to do with it I don't know if it will even run. I think it is only good for parts and is of no use to me I am probably going to pull off the good parts and haul the rest to the scrap yard.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
...... As far as the engine I haven't fiqure out what to do with it I don't know if it will even run. I think it is only good for parts and is of no use to me I am probably going to pull off the good parts and haul the rest to the scrap yard.
I may be interested in the frame if you are scrapping it, mine is bent and although, I haven't tried terribly hard, it does not seem easy to get it back to original shape.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If scrapping the 4A084 retain the starter at least. These are mil standard and used on the MEP 016, MEP 017 and MEP 018 gensets.....

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you could get that thing running again using the original parts....you sir would be my new hero.

Good luck with your project

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks