• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Military Shelter Carrier Thoughts?

Hogsnapper7

Hello everyone! Excited to be here. Not my first one but definitely a unique one.. Purchased as a 2 door shelter carrier and just now finding out this is a 2000 xlc2(Black) that was painted(by military supplier), modified, and used as a display(many years ago). Although an ugly duck at the moment, it is in good shape. The plan is to take the shelter off, media blast, and paint it back to stock black. Also going to remove the on board hydraulic system, install the rear xlc2 door panels, etc. I am in the central Florida area.. Thank you for checking it out! Looking forward to this build!

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Hogsnapper7

Thank you! Diving into it this week, looks like all 24v excluding the cab electronics. Yes has AC and is the turbo version. Excited to see how much better they perform with a turbo.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello everyone! Excited to be here. Not my first one but definitely a unique one.. Purchased as a 2 door shelter carrier and just now finding out this is a 2000 xlc2(Black) that was painted(by military supplier), modified, and used as a display(many years ago). Although an ugly duck at the moment, it is in good shape. The plan is to take the shelter off, media blast, and paint it back to stock black. Also going to remove the on board hydraulic system, install the rear xlc2 door panels, etc. I am in the central Florida area.. Thank you for checking it out! Looking forward to this build!

View attachment 638999View attachment 639000View attachment 639001

do not media blast this truck...body work and paint are same as painting an airplane for HMMWV's and Hummers.