• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Military Tractor going up for auction

Hi guys, I was looking at this tractor to add to my collection, from what I was told the engine is shot , its missing half the air brake system and the electrical harness is cut in a few places and its missing four rims and tires.

Before my wife kills me for buying a new money pit I have a few questions.

What engine did they put in these and how hard are the parts to get before I go after this wreck ?????

:cookoo:

Attachments

det rebel

thats a hit and miss question it depends on how much you want to spend i would have to see more pic to tell you an actual idea of it but with the air brake system missing that will probably be the biggest money part (anything can roll it takes good brakes to stop it) the wiring is hit and miss on what depending on what is cut and how well they were cut ( or how i usually get them there is a rat nest about the size of a five gallon bucket ) if you could get more pic that might help me and more people and do you how how the engine is considered " shot "

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The scrappers will run that one up to 2 grand. For 2 G more you can get a running one from GL.

The guy from Forestery told me the engine had a bad rod knock before they started stripping it.

Air brake pedal assembly is gone, compressor is gone, one air tank rotted.

The wires along the fire wall are cut and some towards the rear of the floor in the truck.

There is also some hoses cut under the hood.

:cookoo:

det rebel

gl aint all that good from what i have hurd but just remember even getting it from gl you still will have to put money into it till it is running right and up to code

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
IMO that's a parts truck. It will cost far more to get that one going than you can buy one for ready to go.

det rebel

let me start with wiring that might be easy most of there wires are marked at every connector so just find the wires with the same tag number lol but dont trust the numbers brakes ---- tanks ( easy to find ) , compresser ask a ss member most of the guys might have one laying around and can work a deal peddles thats a toss up might ask around on here and see if someone is parting one out i has hoping you wouldnt say brake chanbers and all the lines were gone) engine umm how far have they tore it down

Engine is still together, it looks like they just gave up when it started knocking and started butchering it !

Its a shame but the bidding is already up to $810.00 and to get it towed to here is going to hit me another $900.00. So from what every one is telling me I should forget it.

det rebel

sorry to tell you but yeah that would be the best sorry to bring bad news if you didnt have to pay the 900 to get it home then i would say still look at it

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I bought my last M915 for about $4,200.00 after GL's fee and tax.....cost me another 400 to fix the fuel and electrical issues (minor).

The ones last week at Fort Jackson, SC went for around 5 each.....prices fluctuate depending on how many go on the block at one place at one time.

I would stay away from "fixer uppers"...... a radiator can run a grand depending one where you find it, a take out 400 Cummins can cost over 2 grand or higher.

That is a parts truck.........run....don't walk away from it.

det rebel

dang but rethink that price on a big cam start at 2 for a short block and work your way from 5 to 7 for long block and then to get it running good

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks