• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Military trailer to civilian vehicle cable

Poccur

Mama always said you make more friends with a gift that you will by kind words alone so....

I have a diagram for hooking your Mil trailer to your civilian vehicle. Sure the trailer is 24vdc and your civilian vehicle is 12vdc but the lights will work (just a bit dimmer) and it is much easier to carry a short cable than a full set of magnetic lights when you need to move a trailer.
Moderators, apologies if this already exists on the site, I did some searches but found no hits. Hope this is of use to you.

Cheers

Poccur :)

Attachments

Jones

Welcome to the site; and thanks for the wiring diagram. Lots of guys with mil. trailers have run into the same what-wire-goes-where problem and this will help a lot. A conversion jumper cable lets you keep the trailer original for mil. veh. to mil. trailer hook-ups.
On the off-chance you're going the other way (mil. vehicle to civilian trailer), a handy link for trailer schematics is www.accessconnect.com/trailer_wiring_diagram.htm

Poccur

I should probably include the caveat that this works on the trailers currently used with the HMMWV but I see no reason why the Military would have different wiring for each vehicle....

Cheers

Poccur :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks