• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Military trucks seen during trip....

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
wow those are some mean looking trucks.. very nice extra cab going on... around 30 years from now we can bid on those at GL.

eldgenb

those are international trucks, if you visit their website and click on Military it will show more variants, they have knuckle boom models and all kinds of stuff. I am really curious as to how they will hold up, the civilian internationals are not what I would consider "Military Grade"

rhinob

those are international trucks, if you visit their website and click on Military it will show more variants, they have knuckle boom models and all kinds of stuff. I am really curious as to how they will hold up, the civilian internationals are not what I would consider "Military Grade"
But they're green. Isn't that all it takes? :D

PorscheTech911

Well the good news with International is they will only last until their warranty is up, then they'll start falling apart a week later. Seen it many times.

joeM62

Military is using the truck as a new wrecker seen the same truck on a flatbed but it was tan coming throught my County with some other mv's and trailors alot of stuff getting moved. The humvees had the armor kit with white x one the windshield.

48cj2a

USAF uses quite a few variants of this truck - doubt they were for export.

We have 4 of the 4 door Blue Fleet crew cabs in my unit. Superior truck for stateside duty and on base use over a FMTV which most units have by now. A/C, Cruise, AM/FM radio, back seat area could nearly support a twin size bed. Our only complait is the idiot that did the contract for the USAF did not include the Air Brakes and pintle hinch which we could really use to pull a MEP006 for the mission.

Lot cool pics on the Navistar Gallery - http://www.navistar.com/NavistarDefense/Gallery

Last edited:

Wolf.Dose

Bolting instead of riviting is standard truck design nowadays. These bolts are special design. They have two heads of which one is torqued off during fixing to come to the propper torque. And they have a special coating to prevent them from loosing the designed torque. This coating is destroyed when you open the connections. You can not use these bolts a second time.
Wolf

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are outfitting a large number of those (sand color) at Century Wrecker Bodies in Chattanooga.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks