• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Military Vehicle Scrap Yards (Humvee)

erasedhammer

Are there any military vehicle scrap yards that one can visit and purchase parts from? I think I've heard of them but I don't recall them being open to the public.
If a scrap yard were open to the public, does anyone know if there are any near Seattle?

Royalpower

Are there any military vehicle scrap yards that one can visit and purchase parts from? I think I've heard of them but I don't recall them being open to the public.
If a scrap yard were open to the public, does anyone know if there are any near Seattle?
Same here, I too would be interested for something similar in GA

FloridaAKM

Scrap yards are on base & civilians are not allowed to remove anything, much less be there unless on official business. The scrap is auctioned off & demilled into tiny bits of what ever it was before being released! It is a tightly run ship!

Special T

I don't know of any that has hummer stuff. Go the power page on here and there is some info. If I remember right there is a place in ID that does.

Special T

Go to regional chapter, Western States, pnw thread I know the info has to be either in that thread or in the western chapter of surplus yard listing.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Same here, I too would be interested for something similar in GA
Up the road in Wilmington Nc -Southern Metals resale warehouse
Just got back with set of x doors, rear crank tire carrier, mud flaps with bracket ,fording exhaust, 200 amp alt, 2nd generation tire Jack tool set, rear high back bucket seats on lid and more.
Quite worth the road trip.
Close to battleship which I regret not enough time to visit.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Up the road in Wilmington Nc -Southern Metals resale warehouse
Just got back with set of x doors, rear crank tire carrier, mud flaps with bracket ,fording exhaust, 200 amp alt, 2nd generation tire Jack tool set, rear high back bucket seats on lid and more.
Quite worth the road trip.
Close to battleship which I regret not enough time to visit.
Juan I wish I would have known you were coming. Could have brought my HMMWV up from Jeepsinker and covered your fuel !

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Small world. I actually picked up mine today. Garrett met me for Moral support and for me peace of mind for the what ifs.

Good runner in great shape drove it 200 miles home.

I was in Greenville for a dog show as my daughter is a junior handler showing Beagles.

Not sure I could have drove it that long....

I had no driver's door and with the passenger side window down, my ears are still ringing. Sure wish I had brought my noise canceling headphones with radio. :)

This puppy is louder than my 5 ton with the 2 door soft top and one soft door.....

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
are there places that military people can have access to? places other than the motorpool cages?
Nope. There aren't any stores or auctions that sell exclusively to service members. Removing anything from any place military people have "access" to on post is stealing. Even the trash still belongs to the government until the contracted trash-hauler takes it away. Also, chances are if there is good stuff in the trash, it shouldn't be there. Apathetic Soldiers (or other service members) just disposed of it improperly.

erasedhammer

Nope. There aren't any stores or auctions that sell exclusively to service members. Removing anything from any place military people have "access" to on post is stealing. Even the trash still belongs to the government until the contracted trash-hauler takes it away. Also, chances are if there is good stuff in the trash, it shouldn't be there. Apathetic Soldiers (or other service members) just disposed of it improperly.
As you said if there is any good stuff in the trash of trash then it shouldn't be there but, by chance, do you know of any of those contractors and where they dump their stuff? I'm sure you could find small stuff. I often find myself needing some specific mount or whatever and no one is selling one. I dont know, might be a waste of time, but you never know!

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As you said if there is any good stuff in the trash of trash then it shouldn't be there but, by chance, do you know of any of those contractors and where they dump their stuff? I'm sure you could find small stuff. I often find myself needing some specific mount or whatever and no one is selling one. I dont know, might be a waste of time, but you never know!
All the metal dumpsters contents belong to whomever has the scrap metal contract. I had to pick up one of my sailors several years ago from security because he was dumpster diving.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It amazes me what 2 certain sellers on Ebay always have for sale that no one else has....and sometimes it looks like scrapped items.

Also, It is in my mind criminal what gets tossed and scrapped because someone does not want to deal with sorting and salvaging just from my observations at a few drmo's. I am not talking Armour or restricted items. Alts, starters, doors, body parts, rims, tailgates etc. being sold "new" on gl anyway.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks