• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Military Vehicle Show & Campout Sept.6,7,8,9 at Fort Worden Washington

justacook

Are event is held at Fort Worden in Port Townsend Washington.All military vehicles and displays are welcome. Call for directions or info 253-961-3434
You can drive your vehicle all over the fort and give rides to guests. There will be a bon fire every night with free hot dogs and smores. Many photo ops abound in the old fort, your dogs are allowed. Only military style vehicles allowed in upper fort. If you are bringing an rv there is free camping set aside for us with water and power hook up,and a place for your car trailer as well. Drinking is ok. Driving your vehicles at night on a midnight run is always a favorite. There will be movies and midnight tours of the old bunkers, pretty scary down there bring your flashlight. There is a military museum there also, pretty cool. There are tons of bunkers and gun batteries to explore,long walks on the beaches,lighthouse,trails galore and the old town of Port Townsend is minutes away. Weapon displays are welcome. There will be transport from the bottom of hill for those who do not want to walk. Convoy leaving my house at 7 am on the 6th and you can join in along the way just call and we can work out a time to meet. there will be a fee per vehicle to pay for porta potties same as last year. There will be a work party a few weeks before to pay for the park space if you want to help just call and we are car pooling up there again like last year, the park will treat us to pizza for working for the day. Hope to see you there.

scopionf89

sounds like fun I will have to put in for a pass but you can count me in unless some thing comes up. I will be bringing one m35a2.

Fort Powell

Fort Worden clean up day is Saturday Aug 10th.

Fort Worden clean up day is Saturday Aug 10th.
We will be at Fort Worden by 0900.
The park will get us pizza for dinner at the end of the day.

For all the details call 253-961-3434.

Last edited:

REDROCKET

Man!!!!!!!!!!

I would love to help out w/the work party but August 10th is also the Oly Fly-In! I will be there for the entire weekend. Hope you guys get lots of hands to help out.

sparragh

I'm off and I would like to come down there. I don't think I'll have enough time to get there driving the old deuce however. What kind of camping? tents ok? Might just do this with the pick-up.

Fort Powell

There were only 2 of us for the working party on Saturday. Two others were on their way but had some vehicle problems.
We worked from 0900 to 1800.
It went well and a lot of work was done for the park.

There was a last min working party on Sunday as well to finishwhat we had started and I think there were at least 3 people there for that.
The two that could not make it from Saturday were coming outSunday.

Last edited:

Fort Powell

When and how do I pay the fee? By group do you mean by vehicle? Do you still need the Washington parks pass?
The $20.00 fee will be paid to the event coordinator once you get parked up on the gun emplacements.
We will be set up in a part of the park where the rest of the public can not park or camp.
It is open to the public to tour the area.

“Group”means all that are with you.
If you are alone with 1 rig. $20.00
If you have 5 people and 2 rigs. $20.00

Park pass info see below.

Last edited:

justacook

justacook

if you are bringing a tent to camp it must be military or be covered with camoflage or some other military covering and no civilian vehicles allowed to park in fort but we have an area set aside for parking your rv's,trailers,and vehicles with no park pass or discovery pass required. call 253-961-3434 to set up a place and time to join convoy on friday morning.we are leaving my house at 7 am if you live in the south sound,Graham area my address is 23805 Mountain HWY Spanaway WA 98387, pull down 238th st it is dirt and park on left in field.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks