• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Military vehicle show Oct 15 11AM-1PM

Preacherboy

Honoring Veterans Military vehicle show Oct 15 11AM-1PM

We held this event last year and it was a great success with over 150 people in attendance and many, many veterans! We've changed the date to be far from opening day of gun deer season!

Show located at 860 N Leroy Street, Fenton, MI 48430...the First Baptist Church and we have enough room for as many vehicles that people want to bring! Last year we had 9 vehicles.

Free food and drinks, just like last year (all provided by the church)!

Let me know if you are coming so I can plan ahead!

Last edited:

paradeduty

Thanks Preacherboy!

Glad to see that you are keeping the show going.

Hopefully, I will be able to make it this year. Have to see with work and all - hate to turn anything down these days.

The "touch a truck" approach is a cool thing for the kids even if it does stay just MV's. Course, any MV at any show ends up being a "touch a truck" - just like a magnet!

Was great meeting you and swapping stories with you a bit ago.

Did you ever get a chance to sell your 818? Or did you decide to keep it.

I've mentioned it around to a few folks but no takers.

Keep up the good work.

Take Care, Dave.

Preacherboy

I've been gone and I've missed a few events myself (wife's grandparents died 5 days apart, he was a Navy and Army vet)...

But I've got to get to work and start getting committments from people who will be able to bring vehicles to this show.

Let me know what you are planning on bringing as Oct. will be here fast.

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In my experience, covering fuel expense goes a long way towards getting a number of trucks.
and 15 is a tall order, even in the city. Having 9 last year wasn't a bad showing either.
There is a MV show in Sterling Hts on the same day too.

Last edited:

Preacherboy

Bob, this is a free event with free food provided for by the church, unfortunately we don't have enough money to pay for fuel. There are lots of guys in parades almost every weekend, so we are just having a get together.

You can even bring stuff to sell/buy whatever, just do it tastefully as this is a community event not a swap meet.

I actually had a lot more people commit and then for whatever reason didn't actually show up, so I anticipate 20 vehicles this year if they show up.

Preacherboy

Just got a committment from a guy with a m915 and some type of WWII looking truck he might bring.

So far, we will have...

1. my dad's m35a2 + m105 trailer
2. My m35a2 on super singles and a m101a2, my m818 that is really indy4x4's
3. Probably Troutt's bobbed deuce
4. A m915 from a local guy
5. Maxxplanck's new deuce???

It would be super cool to see Paradeduty's hemmt, but it probably isn't ready yet. Also, hopefully 13 Mike will bring his blazer or his m816 or something like that. Also, I've seen a thread on an extended cab 5-ton...that would be sweet to see in person.

Sept 23 I will be at the Fenton Football game with my deuce helping to raise money for the Wounded Warriors program.

Last edited:

Preacherboy

Just a bump to this thread since this event is coming up this Saturday.

Sorry, no pictures from the HS football game yet; but they had a m1070 HET there! And a Blackhawk landed, it would be really cool to get them to do that at our church event, but we'd probably have to have 1,000's in attendance to justify that.

GTO Tiger

Preacherboy,
If the weather didn't keep folks from showing up, let's see some pics!

My son and I went to another show down in Utica, Mi. It was advertised to be from 9-3. Yours was originally listed as 11-1. Couldn't justify the drive from Port Huron for a 2 hour show.

We went to Utica in the rain and got there at 9. No one was there... not really surprised. Inside the hobby store we were told the MV folks postponed until 10 hoping the rain would stop. It stopped at 9:30 or so. We stuck around until 12:30 and still no MV's.

We met some great radio controlled model tank enthusiasts inside the hobby store and visited with them and admired their tanks.

Hope your show turned out better!

Preacherboy

GTO, just asked my wife...she claims she didn't take any pictures! Ouch! Our Baptist's chaplains endorser was there and he had a camera. I will have him email me pictures because I saw him taking some for sure.

I had completely stopped raining shortly after 9 AM, but the rain must have prevented people from showing up. We had 5 trucks show and around 75 people come through and look at them. My dad gave some rides to some veterans and I gave some rides to some kids, so I believe those that showed had a good time.

GTO Tiger

GTO, just asked my wife...she claims she didn't take any pictures! Ouch! Our Baptist's chaplains endorser was there and he had a camera. I will have him email me pictures because I saw him taking some for sure.

I had completely stopped raining shortly after 9 AM, but the rain must have prevented people from showing up. We had 5 trucks show and around 75 people come through and look at them. My dad gave some rides to some veterans and I gave some rides to some kids, so I believe those that showed had a good time.
That's great! Glad you had some show up considering the weather. I think giving some rides is really great. How many people get to ride in an MV in their lifetime (in a safe environment)? Not many for sure.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks