• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Military Window Unit Electrical help please

Chevyman434

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So i bought a S9150-18KH-1 Air Conditioner and am looking to install it in my shop..Says its 230v single phase 50/60 hertz..
Local electricians have no idea what to do..Has a plug in the front but i dont have the male plug to match it..Found something also about hard wiring it but these local guys apparently cant read a wiring diagram...lol..Any help would be greatly appreciated..Thanks guys!!

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those connectors are no fun to find. And expensive when you do. The schematic diagram that gives the pin out may be hard to find as well. Personally I would open the unit and bypass the connector. The connector will have two wires that lead to a contactor that in turn go to the compressor. One pin on the connector will go to ground. The contactor wires are the two hots for your shop’s 220 circuit. If you smoke it by following my advice apologies in advance.

Guyfang

Staff member
Do you have all the TM's? If the date on the one you are using is not at least 2006, then you are using an outdated TM. I also have an updated schematic.

Chevyman434

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please if you have something..This is what i found here......http://airconditioningmanuals.tpub.com/TM-9-4120-430-14/TM-9-4120-430-140087.htm?fbclid=IwAR2pLIzyM_91-qOgNppHyPcTWXRKcBy87MCJN4-LunI9BaDCR5sRxoyX1rE

smokem joe

I had a few of these I tested and used for a load bank for awhile. I used a yellow butt connector to slip over the appropriate terminal to get around the expensive plug. I may have a picture of what pins I used but mine were 3 phase. Opening up the panel will show you right away which terminals to use

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks