• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Military Wrecker Bed ID

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In the attached photos is a wrecker bed the owner says he pulled off a 5 ton right out of active service. The bed looks like one off an M816 but the rear of the bed looks much more substantial than the standard wrecker bed. Is this just a different model or maybe it was modified. The drag winch is there and it looks like the bed is "from the factory"
James G.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jtmmjaymeg@sbcglobal.net/album?.dir=8d07re2&.src=ph

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The guy who owns it always starts out high and it takes a year or more to work him down to a reasonable price. I guess I will start the year of negotiations the next time I am down his way! If the boom works I would think a grand would be a good price for him, maybe a little less? I just looked at a M816 the local forestry dept. gutted the engine on for parts, the rest of the truck is decent at best, I may bid on it next month anyway just for replacements, just in case I find a 816 I can afford.
James G.

poppop

If anyone is interested the scrap yard close to me has an M543 wrecker with intact bed, less the few parts I have taken off. He wants to sell the bed but I don't know price.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What's the city and salvage yard? I'll be in GA early in December, need a few side trips!

poppop

Pembroke Ga. Highway 67 enters Fort Stewart here. Yard is Gann Car Crushing located on Highway 280 three miles west. He also has 3 CCKW's, complete but rough, 3 bridge trucks and lots of blasers. Also has lots of M151 gas tanks and 151 wheels and tires.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks