• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mimvpa show/swap april15 & 16 2011

196thprober

Michigan Military Vehicle Preservation Association Spring Dust Off, Show, and Swap Meet including MIMVPA April Board/Membership meeting. This event is in cooperation with and support of Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter 274-Cheboygan MI. Yeah, it's way up North, but you don't have to cross the bridge. :lol:

LOCATION: VVA # 274 - 7747 N. Black River Road, Cheboygan, MI

FRIDAY APRIL 15: 9:00AM Opening Ceremony- Event starts
5:00PM Show Closes for the day

SATURDAY APRIL 16: 9:00AM Show opens for the day
12:00 MIMVPA Board/Membershp Business meeting
5:00PM Show Closes- Da End ('officially')

There is plenty of room to display vehicles, set up vendor tents/displays. pitch camping tents, etc. There are also a limited number of plug ins-first come first served. Friday is 'Pasty' day at the chapter, and they will be making them starting Thursday and then selling them after 10AM Friday; it's a monthly fundraiser for the Chapter.

You must be a member of the MIMVPA to Display or set up as a Vendor. Memberships available-$20.00.

There will be a Chippewa Nation Native American Veterans and Show Event Ceremony at a time yet to be determined on Saturday. There will also be an American Flag Retirement ritual at approximately 8:00 PM Saturday evening.

Questions? Ask on this thread or Dave (MIMVPA) 231-420-5794, Terry (Chapter 274) 231-625-2103, or Duane (Chapter 274) 231-420-2562

WE SUPPORT AND HONOR OUR TROOPS AND VETERANS - GOD BLESS AMERICA!

Last edited:

MiSasquatch

Chores

Ye know, if you're gonna keep organizing these fun and interesting things to do, I'm not going to get my required chores done. Don't know if I can fit it in between work and the farm but I'll try. Hope you have good weather in any case. Safe trip for every one, that's and order! God Bless America, thanks to all the US Troops and Vets.

AndrewH

Sas, you may want to sell the livestock..... army trucks eat less and don't require attendance while you go on these adventures..... Just Sayin' :grin: Camp9, bring a Yugo if youve got one, then we can play soccer with the deuces! I have crossed the bridge once or twice....... Lets do it again!

MiSasquatch

Andy, frequently I've contemplated getting out of the farm biz. Then I see what the rest of you eat and have to pay for the priviledge, I know that all the time and trouble is worth the end product.
Friends complain about the MDNR&E, license cost and the ever increasing price of ammo. I don't have to sit in the swaying tree or the hassles of "hunting". I just go to the fenceline, pick out the best looking prime rib and the butcher takes it from there. I know what I'm eating and I like my own steaks!
I'll just have to try and fit you inta my busy schedule. Take it from me (and the wife) you don't want me 100 percent of the time!
Thanks to all the US American service members; past, present and future!!

MiSasquatch

You do "replacement heifers" or beef? What's you breed?
Sooooo, we got more interests in common.....
More to discuss.
How's your hay situation?
Hey isn't this supposed to be all about military vehicles?

AndrewH

Oh dont get me wrong.... We need our Prime rib taken care off Sas'. I have pics somewhere of the deuce pasking and watering silage........ See this is about mvs. But How about that April Show and Swap Meet in Cheboygan April 14-16! I think I'll be bringing some Hamburger or steaks for dinner, or bacon or sausage, or all of the above... So it all ties in, right?!?!:)

Andrew

MiSasquatch

Yeah, I guess, as long as we keep mentioning the swap met we can talk about the burgers n prime rib, we all gotta eat, right?
I'm just guessing the grand pooba will get a little peeved if we continue to hijack his thread.
May have to grease the skids with a steak or similar.
May have to just go hang with him for another day, he's pretty easy to appease. 'sides I enjoy his collection of MILITARY VEHICLES. (there are we good?)

AndrewH

If Bob offers free steaks, should we have em teted for VOC's or something? here s probably a piece of MILITARY TEST EQUIPMEN to do just that!
If a picture is worth a thousand words, we can talk abot other hingsfor awhile no, this is a pic from last years event at Cheboygan, If you have been there you can tell me where the pic was taken.......

Attachments

MiSasquatch

OK, no promises but if I get to go to the swap and look at MILITARY VEHICLES (that mention of "MILITARY VEHICLES" gets this message OK to be on here, right?) then talk about farming while there I can charge the whole trip off to a business expense. What a deal!
Hey, what's a angus x irish wolfhound......huh? Got pictures?

196thprober

So hey, about this show.... is anyone planning on bringing trading stock? Anyone need anything? Wish-list time!

Don't know how many 'disposable' $ I'll have but most anything Deuce or CUCV Blazer related parts wise, and specifically the chain/towingrelated/strap on/whatever it is thigamagig that Dave P and cjtroutt have told me about. Can either of you help me with the proper name for it? Also hope there is a deuce exhaust kit sitting there with my name on it.

Oh by the way, if anyone needs any MV related technical assistance I'm available for a small consultation fee. Standing by with my contractor grade lubricant, spray styrofoam, and caulk holding workbelt, :D

Chuck Da Wrench