• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MIMVPA SHOW/SWAP June 8-10, 2012

camp9

Having a old airplane, even if it doesn't fly, is on my list of things to get at some point in my life. Anyone ever see the movie second hand lions? Where the one old guy buys a WWI bi plane in a box to put together and fly? The airplane scene is right at the end of the trailer. [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzElnBgsr0s[/media]

camp9

It's a great movie, on a family can watch and not worry. I'm guessing its about 5 or 7 years old now. I bet you could find it in the walmart $5 movie bin. :)

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Chuck, if you have a vcr, I have the movie on tape.

The show is just barely over a month away now, & I still have two trucks to get out of storage and repair :shock::oops: ah........ I can sleep next year.

Reminder: Awards will be given in the Military Motorcycle catagory.

Here's a pic of one of the "vehicles" that will be on display, along with (periodically) a pilot that can answer any questions about it.

Attachments

Last edited:

196thprober

You know ancient me; YES I have a VCR/player, please bring it over when you come - will that be today? I also have a completed form for National you have to sign before I can put it in the mail to them.

I have several appoimtments in town this Am/early PM; I'm sending you a PM with my cellphone- please calll so we can meet somehere and dp paperwork/talk for a bit. I will be AWOL from 09:45 to 11:00 or just after-please call me if you arecoming or over here- I will be right on the old Base..................

196thprober

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION POST # VII

Already have interest from several aircraft to possibly fly in on Saturday June 9th. With the FBO's Fuel Discount, and a couple other things we are working on as incentives, (shuttle into town for chow, ride in a HMV, tour the Wurtsmith Air Museum for 'no Charge for anyone flying in a plane, etc); it should happen for sure. More info later this week......

Also, in post #60, i obviously transposed the letters; it should be FBO= Fixed Base Operator (not FOB, I was fantasizing........).

Last edited:

196thprober

Chuck, if you have a vcr, I have the movie on tape.

The show is just barely over a month away now, & I still have two trucks to get out of storage and repair :shock::oops: ah........ I can sleep next year.

Reminder: Awards will be given in the Military Motorcycle catagory.

Here's a pic of one of the "vehicles" that will be on display, along with (periodically) a pilot that can answer any questions about it.

Bob, add Wurtsmith Air Museum (WAM) to yor list of organizations you belong to; I'd hate to have your annual renewal bill.......................

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bob, add Wurtsmith Air Museum (WAM) to yor list of organizations you belong to; I'd hate to have your annual renewal bill.......................
:shock: No wonder I'm so broke, :doh:
Seriously, the $10, $15 & $20 dollar ones aren't too bad, a couple of the others are a bit pricey, at least they are at different times of the year.
Waiting for the new WAM web site to link to.

And now!, Back to the show.
Here's our airport poster![thumbzup]
(1st one's the pdf, 2nd is a low res jpeg)

Attachments

Last edited:

196thprober

:shock: No wonder I'm so broke, DOH!
Seriously, the $10, $15 & $20 dollar ones aren't too bad a couple of the others are a bit pricey at least those are at different times of the year.
Waiting for the WAM web site to link to.

And now!, Back to the show.
Here's our poster for the airport poster!
(1st one's the pdf, 2nd is a low res jpeg)

Uh..................quite the informative poster? :?

OK, I clicked it and it came up nicely, don't get it though, you know me however, braindead with the techno stuff..

Last edited:

4x4e350

Do you allow, or even want, not so stock trucks in the show? My truck is a crew cab M818 on 14x11's that I pull my 5th wheel camper with, so it may not be fitting for your show, if not, I understand. If I get a spare for the 5 ton, I will be driving it up north to see the show regardless.
I am very familiar with Wurtsmith, I use to go to all the air shows in the 70's, when we could take tours of the B52's. One of my fondest memories is sitting in the pilot seat of a B52, asking the pilots how you tell how much gas you have, of course everyone laughed at me, but as a young kid, that was real cool.

196thprober

Do you allow, or even want, not so stock trucks in the show? My truck is a crew cab M818 on 14x11's that I pull my 5th wheel camper with, so it may not be fitting for your show, if not, I understand. If I get a spare for the 5 ton, I will be driving it up north to see the show regardless.
I am very familiar with Wurtsmith, I use to go to all the air shows in the 70's, when we could take tours of the B52's. One of my fondest memories is sitting in the pilot seat of a B52, asking the pilots how you tell how much gas you have, of course everyone laughed at me, but as a young kid, that was real cool.

Yes, by all means 4X4e350- bring it on up and we would be GLAD to have you be part of the Show! The Show is really 'snowballing', and with the tie in to 'Oscoda Biker Daze 2012' at www.bikergarage101.com and shuttle service back and forth beteen the 2 events, plus we were fortunate to have a couple early donations which allowed us to place full page ads in regional publications- we really expect thousands of people to be showing up and taking a look at things during the 2 main days-Friday and Saturday.

In addition, the Aviation related poster that Bob just posted is very likely to draw a few vintage aircraft to fly into the Show; it has been sent to almost 80 airports here in Michigan, plus we are on the Aircraft guy's 'event calendar'-nothing guaranted but feel pretty good that will happen. There will also be a couple small but awesome 'surprises' entertainment wise during the event.

Looking forward to seeing you there and meeting you!

196thprober

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION POST # VII;

I guess this ties in slightly with 4x4e350s question; this show IS NOT for pristine, museum quality, untouchable vehicles/equipment (although we would love to have such a piece, and would make sure to help protect it from whatever the concerns the owner might have). We want to invite and encourage EVERYONE to come and display their piece/set up or as a Vendor inside or out - if it isn't finished yet; who cares- if there's some rust on it-big deal- in other words we are not , nor will we ever be "quality snobs" ; this Show is about having some fun and hanging with some great people, PERIOD.

Also, with the posiyive way the Sponsorship Donations are going with some businesses giving us gift cetificates instead of pure expense cash donations; in addition to the Grand, 2nd, and 3rd place prizes for the Military Motorcycles, I'm sure we are going to be able to do the same thing for the 3 best Military Vehicles/Military Equpment. If YOU would like to be a member of an impartial 5- 7 person judging panel for both the Military Motorcycles and the Regular HMVs, please let one of the Board Members or someone else know. It would be GREAT if a person or 2 has done this type of thing already, but certainly NOT necassary- just have an interest in it and being completely fair-no personal relationships or that kind of stuff involved please.

That's it for the moment.........................

Last edited:

citizensoldier

Well said Chuck! :doghead: Also remember guys and gals it's a good place to sell or get that piece of military history into loving hands for a restoration or to find that part you been looking for. When the time gets closer we should start a need/want/sell thread...

zak

To get an early start on things for sale, I have a meyers aluminum full top, plow and pump for a cj2. The plow is the " you get out and change the angle" type. Some cj2 engine parts, and m37 parts. If I have it I'll bring it to the show.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks