• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MIMVPA SHOW/SWAP June 8-10, 2012

196thprober

This is a simply a starter post to announce our 2nd Annual Michigan Miltary Vehicle Preservation Association Show and Swap Meet to be held at the same location; the Wurtsmith Air Museum, on the historic former Wurtsmith Air Force Base (SAC), in Oscoda, Michigan Friday, Saturday, and Sunday June 8, 9, and 10th 2012.

Altough we will have the usual array of Military Vehicles of all types, the 'Theme' of the 2012 Show will be 'Military Motorcycles'. Although we will be working on atracting 'in service/issued' types of historic and current day miltary motorcycles, we also encourage and welcome all Military/ Verteran/Active Duty, Fallen Hero Dedicated, and other Military Service Commemorating and Patriotic CIVILLIAN MOTORCYCLES for display.

We are working closely with www.bikergarage101.com , home of the 'Melvin Motorcycle Museum' whose location is only a few blocks away from the Show Site. We are also working with and for the benefit of the 'Wurtsmith Air Museum' and will be coordinating aircraft fly-ins, in addition to the 'Veterans Memorial Park of Northeast Michigan', also located a short distance from the Show Site.

Those of you that are members of the MVPA may have noticed the 2 page article "What's New in Michigan" written by Rick Forys on pages 34 and 35 in the most recent issue of 'Supply Line' magazine. This article explains a little about our organization also.

There will be many more posts by myself and other MIMVPA Board members providing detaled information about the 2012 Show as the months unfold leading up to the event. There will be a large amount of both indoor/secure and outdoor vendor area avalable.

If there are any immediate questions please post them here, PM, or contact:

Chuck G 989-739-8403
Dave P 231-420-5794
Andrew H 231-330-8507

We would like to welcome YOU to our Show!

Thank You,

Chuck

196thprober

Chuck,
As I live relatively close, I can offer some of my time to help with this.
If the board needs another body/mind on the show committee, just give a shout!
We welcome and appreciate your offer to serve on the Show Committee! As you know there's going to be lots to do, and your close proximity and help will be an enormous benefit. Thank you!

GTO Tiger

Still WAY too far away for us to bring the M51 gasser, but close enough to attend! Thanks for posting so early so I can try and get my wife to put it on the family calendar.

Speaking of Calendar, make sure you get it on the Event Calendar on this website!

196thprober

Still WAY too far away for us to bring the M51 gasser, but close enough to attend! Thanks for posting so early so I can try and get my wife to put it on the family calendar.

Speaking of Calendar, make sure you get it on the Event Calendar on this website!
Many thanks GTO Tiger- this is just the kind of help a dumb*%# like me needs; I'm sorry to say I've never seen an 'Event' calendar on this website, can someone help me out?

GTO Tiger

Many thanks GTO Tiger- this is just the kind of help a dumb*%# like me needs; I'm sorry to say I've never seen an 'Event' calendar on this website, can someone help me out?
Yes. On the SS main page there is a column of ads and such on the right hand side. If you scroll down a bit you will see a mini calendar. Click on it and it will open to full page. THIS IS THE DEFAULT CALENDAR (birthdays and junk) NOT THE EVENT CALENDAR. Scroll down below the big calendar and there is a little box that says calendar jump with pull down arrow. The little box will say "default calendar" but when you click the pull down box you will also see the "event calendar". Click on that and the Event calendar will open. Scroll down past the new big event calendar and on the bottom right you will see the date jump boxes. Click on the appropriate year and month pull downs to get to the June 2012 calendar. Click on the first day of the event you want and enter the event data.

I noticed that the 2012 is not showing up yet in the jump to year box so you will have to wait until the administrator adds it. But at least you are now aware of it!

As a newbie here, I asked about an event calendar here http://www.steelsoldiers.com/ss-mai...tions/76059-suggestion-mv-event-calendar.html and made the suggestion that it be added to the selections in the main menu bar at the top of the page. I think it would be VERY beneficial.

Last edited:

196thprober

Yes. On the SS main page there is a column of ads and such on the right hand side. If you scroll down a bit you will see a mini calendar. Click on it and it will open to full page. THIS IS THE DEFAULT CALENDAR (birthdays and junk) NOT THE EVENT CALENDAR. Scroll down below the big calendar and there is a little box that says calendar jump with pull down arrow. The little box will say "default calendar" but when you click the pull down box you will also see the "event calendar". Click on that and the Event calendar will open. Scroll down past the new big event calendar and on the bottom right you will see the date jump boxes. Click on the appropriate year and month pull downs to get to the June 2012 calendar. Click on the first day of the event you want and enter the event data.

I noticed that the 2012 is not showing up yet in the jump to year box so you will have to wait until the administrator adds it. But at least you are now aware of it!

As a newbie here, I asked about an event calendar here http://www.steelsoldiers.com/ss-mai...tions/76059-suggestion-mv-event-calendar.html and made the suggestion that it be added to the selections in the main menu bar at the top of the page. I think it would be VERY beneficial.
Thanks once again for more very helpful information GTO TIger! I made a post on your suggestion thread for an MV Event tab/calendar. It's like a no brainer to me- no disparagement of anyone intended. :beer:

196thprober

While not as close as Bob, if you need anything Chuck let me know. Be more than happy to help out anyway I can
Are you saying you would like to be on the Show Committee brother Matt? It doesn't matter that you are 100+ miles away, it's what I know you can contribute to the cause. Consider yourself on the Comittee unless you tell me otherwise, and many thanks for stepping up to the plate!

196thprober

Right to left: AndrewH, MattH, 196thProber (displaying the latest in personal protection ordnance) and at his elbow the Garden Gnome.....

Thanks for the Grin Maxim! Very appropriate picture I might add; I was looking for that one from a few years ago at the Trail Ride and couldn't find it-glad you still had a copy..................................

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks