• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Minimum RPMs that the truck will shift out of 2nd gear?

Ryan31783

Just a quick question, I don't have a tach and the truck isn't licensed. (2nd gear being the numberically highest ratio without manually selecting 1st)

TIA

Last edited:

coachgeo

If Im not mistaken this 7sp tranny only can take Staionary PTO's. As in the truck can't move when PTO is operating like Wreckers. Not sure where I read/heard that. Try a big Allison truck Tranny shop to verify?? Sure hope I'm wrong.

Last edited:

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
None of the trucks move when pto is engaged. A1 trucks don't need a tach the engine is computer controlled. When the pto is engaged the engine rpm is set by the computer and shift control is locked out. The wrecker wheel lift is probably ran off a driveline pto not off the side of the trans pto.

coachgeo

because it's a simple question, I didn't ask if it will work...
Well you've got logic in your thought process its just were not seeing it but that wont be the first or last time. Folk only discussed it not working after you posted cause just didn't want you or any future reader to go and spend money on A PTO and NOT be able to use as they wanted. Such as for anyone thinking about using it with a piece of AG equipment.

Anyway, do you still need to know rest of your question "what RPM the engine moves to next gear from second to third" when not in 50/50 AWD?

If so, again an Allison Shop might have that info if no one here does. BTW tranny ECU is programmable by an Allison shop too. Not sure how detailed they can program it. It maybe they can only select from a couple different shift plans for you. If they got the books on doing it then that book should also give RPM points of shift for each of the plans. Just a thought.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks