• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Minor repairs on a M1009

Iceman3005

Jeff brought is M1009 out with a few issues, fuel gauge not working, glow plug switch not working, Gen 2 light not working, volt gauge not working, trans shift at high rpm, and a leaking axle seal.

Iceman3005

The glow pug solenoid was the wrong one, installed a new one from performance SS608 equivalent to the one from napa. had some wires crossed on the glow plug switch, some blown fuses, and a bad connection in the wiring for the volt gauge. That fixed all the dash electrical issues.

Attachments

Iceman3005

Then moved on to the axle seal, while mostly everything was torn apart for the one side I asked Jeff if I should fix other seal on the left as well, plus the brakes on the one side where junk and the rotors where 60 thousands past the minimum so they where junk as well.

Iceman3005

As you can see the right side is caked full of gear lube, it was extremely nasty. There is the little "C" clip that holds the axle from coming out of the axle tube, not much holding it in, but surprisingly it works well. Also it is probably good I did this repair when I did, as the rear end was almost empty of gear oil, and it was milky due to water contamination.

Attachments

Last edited:

Iceman3005

Here is everything pretty much done, new brakes, new seals, new brake drums, and everything as clean as I could get it. Test drove the truck, shifts at a nice rpm now and drove good!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks