• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Minor Updates

Croatan_Kid

I haven't been around these parts in a while! Figured I'd give some updates on my truck...

I broke a left rear axle shaft and the Detroit locker a few months ago at a tractor pull.

Back in April, I pulled the NV4500 out and put new synchros in it and stuck in a better clutch while I had everything out. 13" Valair, Kevlar/Ceramic. Rated for like 500hp and 1000ft/lbs.

Just before that tractor pull that I mentioned, I welded up a sweet traction bar setup from WFO Concepts! My rear axle doesn't move at allllll anymore :D

I made another set of stacks....5", 30 degree mitre cut. Looks and sounds better than the turnouts I had. They're still flat black, of course.

Swapped injectors twice....went from stock to a 5x.014 and didn't like them because they were far too smokey, so I exchanged them for a set of 7x.011 SAC nozzled injectors with a higher pop pressure. Much better all around and they move a lot of fuel. It'll throw down 50lbs, not bad for a single turbo setup.

I gave Hamilton Cams a call and got a 181/210 cam. I also put in some 60lb valve springs and new lifters.

Most recently, I installed some 3" intercooler pipes, took out the grid heater and ordered a Snow water/meth injection kit :razz: After the water/meth goes on, it's time to hit the dyno and see what it'll put down! The last mod I do will probably be headstuds. Should have done them a long time ago, but I've been making it a point that stock headbolts and gaskets will reliably hold a good amount of power.

I really need to take some pictures....

nopics

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks