• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Miramar Air Show 10.01.2010

markmontana

I can't read the entire sign by the jeep- but it looks like they claim it to be a jeep that Patton used. I'm sure he had several over the years, but if this is one of them- it is way cool. I have a lot of respect for him, and those of his era.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ref Post #3, Pics #3 & #4....

Now that's a great spare tire mount and hoist(?).... That concept could be used on the bakc corner of any vehicle (Deuce?) for swing-away access to the tailgate or box door and also for raising/lowering the heavy wheel/tire safely.

I like it, I want it!:grd:

maynard83

Ref Post #3, Pics #3 & #4....

Now that's a great spare tire mount and hoist(?).... That concept could be used on the bakc corner of any vehicle (Deuce?) for swing-away access to the tailgate or box door and also for raising/lowering the heavy wheel/tire safely.

I like it, I want it!:grd:
That's why I took a picture of it. Have been trying to figure out the right configuration for my M1010. May have to have one manufactured for me.

maynard83

I talked to Therecorder for a while but for some reason I never took a picture. Not sure why. It was just nice talking to him, plus he had a lot of people getting in and out of his deuce which was really cool to see.

JDToumanian

Here's a video Jim (TheRecorder) made of our trip to (at, really) the Miramar Air Show. We had a blast, it's a shame more people weren't interested or able to go with us. The Air Show staff treated us really well... VIP treatment really - access to the pilots cabana, free food, free fuel (they filled our deuces with jet fuel), and vip seating in front of the grand stands. My favorite part is always the convoy there and back.

They want to expand the static vehicle display there.... Maybe next year we can get more people interested!

Jon

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HPZhhqfrQ4[/media]

JDToumanian

Here's a few pics I took with my phone... My girlfriend took more / better pictures but I haven't gotten them from her yet...

At first, I cringed at the thought of a ton of kids touching and crawling through my truck all day, but I realized they couldn't hurt it, and after a little while I found it very interesting and fun. I started mentally categorizing the different kinds of kids. Some are little morons who couldn't care less that it was an army truck, or even a truck at all. To their feeble minds it was just a big McDonald's jungle gym. Other kids knew it was an old military truck and were in awe or nervous, and hesitant to touch anything. And yet other kids were very curious and asked surprisingly intelligent questions for their ages..... What kind of engine, how many gears, is it easy to drive, how much did it cost, how many MPG, why do I own it, etc. I liked the last two kinds of kids the best...

Jon

Attachments

Last edited:

maynard83

The Air Show staff treated us really well... VIP treatment really - access to the pilots cabana, free food, free fuel (they filled our deuces with jet fuel), and vip seating in front of the grand stands. My favorite part is always the convoy there and back.
So that's why you weren't there when I stopped by twice! :p

maynard83

My son sat in Jim's Deuce what seemed like forever and he was fascinated. Thanks for making them available to the kids (and adults). Get a hold of me next year. I am getting a bobbed deuce so maybe the Marine Corps would like to see one of those displayed.

Abert

Great video and pic's.I went last year 2009 and my son 7 then decided he wanted to become a Marine and since has gotten nothing but straight A's in school after he spoke to a few. We were supposed to go this year but too many things came up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks