• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MIRAMAR AIR SHOW OCT. 2012 (Display Your MV within 100's of thousands of people)

TheRecorder

Miramar Air Show
October 12th - 14th

If anyone is interested in convoying to MCAS Miramar, and/or to be a part of, and have your MV as a static display for the 2012 Air Show, It’s time to plan and coordinate.
I submitted a request to Major Stephen "MadDog" Nagel USMC, Static Display Coordinator, for a spot at this years show. This will be my 4th show at Miramar and is expected to be a real good one.
Please inspect the following attachments ...

http://www.miramarairshow.com/as_highlights.html

http://www.miramarairshow.com/index.html

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smHDjfznvwM[/media]

Last edited:

TheRecorder

I Just received word @ 1420 Hrs. 08-20-12 from Major Stephen "Mad Dog” Nagel USMC, that our spot for our Military Vehicle Display at the 2012 Miramar Air Show has been reserved.

If there was ever an opportunity to demonstrate your patronage in being American and to show our support for our troops, or to feel proud of your current or prior service….this is the time.

The convoy for our group will commence on Thursday Oct. 11th. To arrive and set up on base at Miramar before the weekend show beginning Friday October 12th .

Please send me an PM for more details if you are interested.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOxSj07UADo&feature=plcp[/media]

Last edited:

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Miramar

It's hard to believe you don't have takers on this invite. We just did the Whitecourt Airshow in Canada with 40+ MV's on board for what turned out to be a historical event. Couldn't imagine finding a better group of people to be with.

Looks like lots of vehicles made your previous show so I'm not thinking of driving the M135 down there but I'd like to go!!!

I'll PM you for details and maybe a few post bumps might draw the attention of few plumbers that have Deuces in San Diego.

Is your local MVPA involved?

TheRecorder

Well, If you would drive down and attend...I would supply Alexander Keith's, flown in, (Or Your Choice), for the entire weekend.

No. MVPA is not involved, Maybe they should be.

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
One of these days I will do this show, but fuel and lodging really add up for a show like this. If they would let me sleep in the rig on site I could afford it.

Squirt-Truck

Master Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hay guys, if someone gets a chance going to or from the show, can I get a picture of one of the the street signs named for my uncle?

It is Elrod Avenue and is right in the middle of what was the original Miramar Base.

TheRecorder

Hay guys, if someone gets a chance going to or from the show, can I get a picture of one of the the street signs named for my uncle?

It is Elrod Avenue and is right in the middle of what was the original Miramar Base.

Sure, if I can find the sign, a picture is No Problem.

shannondeese

I live 10 minutes from Miramar, But I have to work that week at Pendleton. I am willing to put my Deuce there as static display. Let me know if you need it. I am trying to get my squadron to let me work the air show. But we'll see if that can happen or not.

TheRecorder

I live 10 minutes from Miramar, But I have to work that week at Pendleton. I am willing to put my Deuce there as static display. Let me know if you need it. I am trying to get my squadron to let me work the air show. But we'll see if that can happen or not.

Absolutely,
Hope you can get duty for the show. If not, maybe someone you know can take command of your vehicle for the event. Post some Pics of your MV or PM me.

As the show gets closer, I will have to update the static display coordinator on the number and types of vehicles for our group. It makes it easier when we get topped off with fuel.

TheRecorder

O.K.
The final countdown is in place.
There is still time to sign in with your MV for the 2012 Miramar Air Show. I have the final details from the coordinator of the show and can still fit other MV's in our display.

Celebrating 50 Years of Space Exploration !

Welcome to MCAS Miramar Air Show

Gunfreak25

M1010Plowboy is hoping to fly into Phoenix, get a rental and pick me up for a Marimar trip. His plans may or may not go through. We were hoping to go camping, I can provide most of the gear.

Dave has got me all riled up over getting out of this humdrum down for a few days, so much for keeping low expectations! Biggest show I've been to was 10,000 people and if the scuttlebutt on this year show is correct I HAVE to be there.

So in case M1010Plowboy has to cancel. My plan B is as follows:

If any SS are passing through Yuma with room for an extra passenger ( I don't fart in confined environments )......all ears...... I gots plenty of beer money :beer:

Last edited:

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Miramar Airshow

With great sadness I'm not going.

Checked flights last night and it's just over $500.00 round trip, not a bad price. It's cold here and too wet to work so California looked so good. My buddy drove down from Edmonton to meet me there.

Then the snow and rain hit putting my crew out of work so they showed up this morning, parked Clifford on the front lawn and started phase 2 stucco removal.

I hope you guys put on a top notch professional Steel Soldier display and have a great turn out. Gunfreak, real sorry man but next year, with the gracious kindness of 'The Recorder' I will be at the Miramar Airshow.

Guys, if you haven't made the arrangements already to haul Kernal Potter aka Gunfreak into the show better get on it. A finer troop is hard to find.

Attachments

TheRecorder

Well, Sorry to hear that.

It's raining down here too. Deuce is loaded up and getting wet. Just like I remember 30 years ago. Will not last long, today only, hopefully.
Next year is still on. We've been asked by the MCAS Miramar to make this appearence with our MV's for years to come.

Time to push the start button...............:jumpin:

Gunfreak25

That is A okay man! I am an eternal optimist and have instead shifted my "excitement" over to the fact my aunt and uncle will be down for Halloween. I have not seen my aunt since her accident in DC, several months ago. Miss them both terribly. Weather has been so nice all day we have had the house open for the first time in many months. Got the backyard cleaned up this morning and am getting ready to take a run to the scrap yard ( don't worry, no MV parts ).

Grandparents finished their mortgage this month, I'd like to throw them a burning party this Halloween when the aunt and uncle get here.

And of course, knowing the GMC will soon be finished is just awesome. When you get some Canadian side mirrors and light buckets in a box send a bill for postage will ya? :beer:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks