• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mirrors

gbooth

Hi All Got my set of West Coast Mirrors today will install this weekend. Any Tips, Tricks or advice on these?

Thanks

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What mirrors did you have before? If they are elefaphant ears do you want to get rid of them?

gbooth

Not really sure if you back track a couple of pages there some photos of them on the truck in the topic "109 box"

Desert Rat

Greg,

Mine are a simple bolt-on set-up. When I replaced one broken one I just unbolted the original and bolted in the new one and made adjustments before the final tightening. Not much to it.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you get the bolt style of hinge pins for the doors? I've had some degree of difficulty removing the old knurled hinge pins before. Other than that, pretty straight forward.

gbooth

The ones on the truck now have a curved flat piece of steel that is welded to the windshield hinge pin and a rod attached to the bottom door hinge . The mirror is a 8x10 with a single "L" shaped rod out the back bolting to the flat bar.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's them greg. Do you want to get rid or those? I can send you replacement hinge pins for your windshied. I need a good set of those arms.

gbooth

Sure send me the pins and when they get here I will swap them out and send you the arms / pins, supports and Mirrors. You can have them Free.

pistolnut

Where did you order the mirror kit from and about what did it cost? My truck had them at one time, it still has some of the brackets, but somebody robbed the mirrors before I got it.

gbooth

Pistolnut

I got them from White Owl Motors. They allowed that they only had a few sets left, These are NOS complete in un opened boxes. $235.00 Kind of steep but What are you going to do.

Dieselsmoke

Have fun getting those windshield hinge pins out. The only way I've ever been able to get them out was by using the pointed bit on an air chisel. With thatthey came right out. Make sure ya have some help, them windshield frames are heavy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks