• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Miscommunication…………..

peapvp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A little while ago I was trying to help a forum member to setup a aftermarket AVR for his Genset.
He in turn had gotten the idea from one of the posts of another member.
Everything sounded quite simple, logical and straightforward.

However, the end result was not as expected.

It never crossed my mind that when you buy a apparatus to not read the manual.

Anyway, our friend was under the impression that just following the instructions from the post here in the forum made it unnecessary to read the accompanying manual of the AVR, so DIP switches were not selected correctly etc.

My suggestion to anyone posting suggestions:

Make sure you spell out all the details.
What is crystal clear to one person may be totally incomprehensible to another person

Peter

jamawieb

Unfortunately if someone is too lazy to read the instructions on the item they are installing, they shouldn't be doing it. We post to give guidance not to make an instruction manual. The AVR dip switches are for different voltage configurations, because someone doing it in 240v configuration doesn't mean the next person will be.

rickf

One of the BIGGEST problems with internet diagnosis is that you always have a lot of people that want THEIR fix to be the one that did it. So you end up with 20 ways to skin the cat. I give a person a diagnosis tree I want them to follow and if they cannot, or do not, do that then I back out of the problem altogether.
It is human nature for most people to want to take the easiest and quickest route to the solution. Sadly that usually does not solve the problem.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks