• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Missing plug in front of tranny pan.

Micmada

I got a M923 and the guy told me she was good to go, had been PM’d by a diesel tech a 6 months ago and had not been run since. However, upong getting home, I see between the tranny pan and the oil pan some kind of gear housing with a plug removed and it looks dry in there (except for the part I touched with red grease). What is it for? Do I need it? And why is there 2 of them? It is a plain truck with no PTO. Thanks, I appreciate.

pS: there is plenty of fluids in the tranny, although it is difficult to figure. Once starting in neutral it looks on the low side in between H and L, but sometimes after driving it looks high above H when going back to neutral. It seems to change all the time.

8EB82599-D74E-4D44-9556-8E6ACF605390.jpeg

ldmack3

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I thought the same thing on my deuce. You pull the plug and install in the hole for fording I'm betting.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks