• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Missing plug in front of tranny pan.

Micmada

I got a M923 and the guy told me she was good to go, had been PM’d by a diesel tech a 6 months ago and had not been run since. However, upong getting home, I see between the tranny pan and the oil pan some kind of gear housing with a plug removed and it looks dry in there (except for the part I touched with red grease). What is it for? Do I need it? And why is there 2 of them? It is a plain truck with no PTO. Thanks, I appreciate.

pS: there is plenty of fluids in the tranny, although it is difficult to figure. Once starting in neutral it looks on the low side in between H and L, but sometimes after driving it looks high above H when going back to neutral. It seems to change all the time.

8EB82599-D74E-4D44-9556-8E6ACF605390.jpeg

ldmack3

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I thought the same thing on my deuce. You pull the plug and install in the hole for fording I'm betting.