• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Missing transfer case linkage

67hotrod

Hi guys. Complete newbie here. I recently got a 923A1 W/OW marine truck, I believe. It has all of the PTO system minus the front winch. It is missing part of the linkage to shift the transfer case from high to low. I at first thought there must have been a horrible problem at some time for them to remove it, but after talking to another guy he thinks his may be missing too. Is this something that is common or am I more than likely hosed?

T-Case linkage 2.jpg

Thanks!

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe they just did not want the guys shifting it. You can shift it by hand form under the truck. Just let all the air out of the truck and shift it or have someone push the button on the shiftier.
Castle Bravo on here may have a linkage.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Thanks, I couldn't find that in my search. I'll be getting back with you on tires as soon as I get everything checked out on this.
I have the extra linkage somewhere. Just cover the flat rate shipping. Ill see if i can find it

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

67hotrod

I have the extra linkage somewhere. Just cover the flat rate shipping. Ill see if i can find it

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Awesome! I may be getting some tires from you soon and may just throw it in with them. Let me know if you find it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

71DeuceAK

Sometimes the low-range option gets disabled by people. One fatal flaw of the M939 series trucks is that it is HIGHLY likely you will literally split the transfer case in half in low-reverse. I've heard of cases where civillian owners, especially ones like farmers, loggers, landfills, etc where lots of people might drive a given truck disable this by removing that linkage. As I understand it, yes, this is indeed reversible and can be set back up as it was, it's just to prevent unknowing or ignorant company drivers, etc from breaking things.

Your mileage may vary...do your own research this is what I've been told many times.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Sometimes the low-range option gets disabled by people. One fatal flaw of the M939 series trucks is that it is HIGHLY likely you will literally split the transfer case in half in low-reverse. I've heard of cases where civillian owners, especially ones like farmers, loggers, landfills, etc where lots of people might drive a given truck disable this by removing that linkage. As I understand it, yes, this is indeed reversible and can be set back up as it was, it's just to prevent unknowing or ignorant company drivers, etc from breaking things.

Your mileage may vary...do your own research this is what I've been told many times.
Unfortunately on an A2 truck without low range is basically gutless if it requires any low speed with some power. Or any power for that matter. It won't break the tires loose on wet grass in high range in 1st gear. Like at the GA rally watching em trying to climb the hills with em in high range.

71DeuceAK

Yeah, all my in person experience has been on the A0/A1 myself. When I get mine, if I had one that had had this feature disabled I would repair it so it was once again functional, but then again I plan to be the only one driving mine, so I shouldn't need to worry about my entire work crew possibly driving my truck not knowing its funky idiosynchrisies and breaking things out of lack of knowing any better/ignoring the dash warning plate.

67hotrod

I or my brother would most likely be the only ones driving it in any kind of serious situation. I am glad to hear that disabling it is somewhat common. With my luck I figured it was dead and would ventilate itself as soon as I tried it!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks