• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Missing transmission bolts.

Asymair95

Getting ready to change over to the transynd fluid and was doing some poking around under the truck to get ready. I believe I have several missing bolts around the circumference of the shift solenoid pan. There is definitely one missing from the filter cover. I think I may have another three missing around the outside of the pan. The manual says there are 18 bolts, but doesn’t show which holes have them. Can anyone confirm there are blind holes around the outside of the pan? Thank you for your help.

Attachments

Asymair95

Turns out I was only missing one bolt in the very corner of the valve body pan, under the front driveshaft. The other three empty holes I have are not bolt holes, but maybe some kind of jacking points to help remove the pan. Here is a pic of the missing pan bolt.

The missing filter cover bolt either fell out, or was not installed. The hole is not stripped out like I originally feared. New bolt, and all is well.

Attachments

MrMikey4026

Turns out I was only missing one bolt in the very corner of the valve body pan, under the front driveshaft. The other three empty holes I have are not bolt holes, but maybe some kind of jacking points to help remove the pan. Here is a pic of the missing pan bolt.

The missing filter cover bolt either fell out, or was not installed. The hole is not stripped out like I originally feared. New bolt, and all is well.
Several of the holes are dowel pins, as I remember two are. The bolt in the corner was left out as it is nearly impossible to install the valve body with it in place. It is too long to remove or install after the fact because of the bulge of the transfer case. When I removed and reinstalled my valve body, I installed the bolt and held it in place with a rubber band. I cut and removed the rubber band after the valve body was started on the dowel pins.
I don't think it possible to install a shorter bolt.
If it is not leaking, don't mess with it.
Mike

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks