• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Missouri salvage yard or dealer on I-70?

akexc

I have seen an army surplus store/dealer/yard? on I-70 east of Kansas City a ways. Can't remember which town it's in, but I remember it being on the frontage road on the south side of the highway. Grain Valley or Oak Grove maybe?

I also seem to remember seeing something on this website about it, and that the owner is a member? True?

Can't seem to find anything in a search.

Can someone point me to this?

Thanks.

WyoDeuce

Can't remember the name. I drove by it several years ago and wished I had time to stop. Deffinitly outside KC and on the south side of the highway.

Nice 5 ton dump.

JAYHAWK 1962

There was a guy selling manuals on the classifieds in mo. Had a link to some website about farmers insurance and problems people was having with them. Dont think it was very far acrost the ks line.

91W350

We have stopped there several times. I am headed that way this weekend, I will try to grab a few shots. The inside of the building was packed with all sorts of surplus goodies, but that has been a few years ago. He needs another checking out...

Flyingvan911

Yep, he has a riff with Farm Bureau. He said he wants 3,500 to 4,500 for them. Looked like they're straight from the GL lot. Didn't look under the hoods though.

91W350

91W350

Do you remember what city it was?
The guy I was thinking of is apparently gone. This guy had a nice wrecker, about four deuces and a CUCV shop truck. One deuce had a drop side bed on it and that whole truck looked pretty straight. The wrecker was really nice, it was rusty around the top rail of the cab, but that should be easy enough to replace. I think it was showing 12,000 miles. All of them appeared to be from Ft. Riley.

6X6 ALL THE WAY

Blown Z bought his truck from him. His name is lucky. We had problems with him. the 5 ton blown z was missing the coolant tank. I didn't see it was missing only made a mile down the highway before the rigged coolant hose he had on there blow apart. he sore it was like that when he bought out of ft. lenardwood. b.s and he know it. His web site is For Sale Look at his tows bars. they are a joke and don't know how he didn't kill somebody usein them and $165 is a rip off

Zcann

does any one know about any of these salvage yards in or around south east missouri? its nearly impossible to find a lot of info on the net for some reason.

ranchhopper

If you buy from lucky make sure your frame numbers or VIN matches the data plate I have seen a deuce that it did not match up number was fresh stamped into a new data plate.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks