• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mite Carburetor rebuild kit

mstrmstr

Over the years there has been very little on a GOOD kit.

I posted on the "G" also

Found a source for carb kits for the Holley 1904 carb used on the Mite. (American Motors 1959-1960) Note the short use year! There are several kits made for American Motors/Ford/International harvester.
This kit is for the manifold heat choke carbs but should work well with minor changes for the mites manual choke.
The kits are new manufacture restoration parts company so gaskets work well with todays gasoline.

I found a old rebuild manual also. I love Canada.

carburetors.ca

I wasn't happy using a off the shelf major parts store kit for the early Falcon- too generic and too many parts either didn't fit well or not at all.

Anyone with experience use this group kit?

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't remember if it's a 1904 or 1908 carb, but I did rebuild one for a F-head engine in a cj-2a. Needed a short carb so the hood could close without modification. I also have a mighty-mite, with a couple of carbs I need to look at. Think the orginial carb is rusted shut. Can't remeber where I got the kit from.:oops:

mstrmstr

Don't remember if it's a 1904 or 1908 carb, but I did rebuild one for a F-head engine in a cj-2a. Needed a short carb so the hood could close without modification. I also have a mighty-mite, with a couple of carbs I need to look at. Think the orginial carb is rusted shut. Can't remeber where I got the kit from.:oops:
Its a for sure 1904 with manual choke.
I bet there are 500 carbs waiting for the right kit to rebuild.

Mike_Pop

I changed my carb to a Solex. Had to modify the intake throat to accept the hose. It works better than the Holly and doesn't flood out when I go on inclines.

mstrmstr

I changed my carb to a Solex. Had to modify the intake throat to accept the hose. It works better than the Holly and doesn't flood out when I go on inclines.
OK- Photo/setup and description- I find a lot of Solex made carbs
I can fab a new carb to intake EZ

and as far as flooding the 2447 plug works better than the 45

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks