• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mitsubishi J26 Jeep in UK

InvictaJ26

My J26, built in 1975, is based on the CJ3-B (M909?) made under license to Jeep with a Mitsubishi petrol 2.6 ltr 4 cylinder 4G53 ASTRON engine and a KM141 4 speed gearbox with Hi/Lo and a Warn Overdrive fitted.

It's as much fun as I used to have riding my motorbikes but getting parts is a bit more "tricky" e.g. Overdrive from the States, carb kit from Kyoto and rear lenses from the Phillippines.

I've now got a problem shifting down into 2nd which I think is due to worn synchromesh so at the moment I've put some Slick50 manual gearbox treatment in to keep things moving.

I belive the J20 series were used for Shore Patrol work in Vietnam but as mine was made in 1975 I think it was definietly a "civillian".

I'm looking to learn more about these Jeeps especially where to get synchromesh from :)

Nice to meet you all,
Bern

Attachments

InvictaJ26

Yes it does , thanks for the compliment.....parts are harder to get though. :)

I did get in touch with the people over there who make those Taxi's and even they couldn't help me.

Bern

InvictaJ26

Michigandon,

Blimey that was quick work. :)

Paladin seem to be exactly the sort of guys I was hoping to make contact with.
I've sent an email to Sean asking if he can help.

Pity you are so far away I'd of invited you over for a cuppa.

Many thanks my friend,
Bern

PS As far I know the Phillipines Taxis are called Jeepneys and a fair few do use bits of Mitsubishis as well as a lot of home brewed stuff.
I've attached apicture of my Jeep before the new paint job and the doors came off. :)

Attachments