• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mix 'n match wiper motors

Jinx

After fighting with my driver's side wiper motor, which sometimes works and sometimes doesn't, I bit the bullet and ordered one new metal wiper motor to replace one of the junk plastic ones that came with the truck. The final straw was having the plastic triangle handle snap off in my hand while driving in the rain.

It just occurred to me that mixing metal and plastic motors may not be such a great idea and they may require different PSI's to operate at the same speed. Maybe I should have ordered 2 metal motors.

To little to late I guess. As I write this, I'm just waiting for a couple new screws to arrive since I stripped one of the old ones. (stupid rust)

dcwilkie

You should be fine. As long as the seals inside the older motor are OK, they really don't care.
I for one would like to see a picture or two once the installation is complete. I just ordered the replacement arms from Saturn and will change my old arms out this weekend. :-D

Jinx

You are correct DC. The replacement went a-okay. There is a noticeable speed difference between the two. The plastic one is faster, but not by too much.

Jinx

I tried to take photos with my cell phone, but no luck. The pictures keep coming out black where the wiper motors are because it is too bright outside. :cry:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks