• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mixing tire brands on truck

Valor

Was wondering if it's okay to mix Goodyear AT2 tires with Michelin X especially on rear axles. All tires are 14X20. I couldn't find anything mentioned about this in TM 9-2320-272-10. It only mentioned tread patterns can be mixed. I'm changing out some dry rot tires. It had michelin xl tires and I have some Goodyear AT-2 tires that I'm putting on. Any ideas?

MAdams

The AT2's I've seen are much smaller in diameter than the XZL's. It might be okay to have a different brand on the front axle compared to the rears, but I wouldn't mix tires on the rear

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The AT2's I've seen are much smaller in diameter than the XZL's. It might be okay to have a different brand on the front axle compared to the rears, but I wouldn't mix tires on the rear
I've done it. 3000 mile road trip. Not a big deal.

Probably makes a difference somewhere, but well to the right of the decimal point.

Valor

The michelin tires I have are just michelin X not XZL. I was wondering about the difference in circumference of the different tires too especially when put on the rear axles. I would think the differential gears would compensate for that when the tires are different diameter on a given axle but what about the driveshaft strain if one axle is spinning faster than the other say forward rear axle versus rear rear axle? Maybe I worry too much!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks