• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MK 17 A1 Trailer A shaped tow hitch

kmfcap

I was thinking of bidding on GL for one of those HEMTT rear ends and noticed that some have the lunette style A frame tow bar but most don't. The NSN number is 240012528530 for the tow bar. I guess the trailer part is useless without this (but the crane is still worthwhile). Does anyone have a good source for this part or does anyone have any drawings with measurements so that one could be built ? Any help appreciated and yes I do have a truck that could haul all 24000 lbs of this quite comfortably.
Thanks.

M1075

I expect someone on here got the big lot of "towbars". At an average cost of $200 or so, they would be very useful for the MK17 trailers coming through the system. How much have the MK17s being going for anyway?

kmfcap

I might be missing something but there are no dimensions or diagrams on the GL site. Yes I was watching the pallet of 16 tow bars sell for $3777....but no dimensions when I click through. I am a willing buyer at a decent price.

I,ll be reloading mine on a lowboy this week:idea:. Wish I had a one of those tow bars!!! Anyone have any advice / ideas? I had the pleasure of removing this beast off a dropdeck 2 months ago, that was a real white knuckle moment. This weeks move is not My idea of just looking for something to do. Storage issues :cry: Thanks Mark

Attachments

kmfcap

If you can measure the end plate size, the hole spacing on the end plates (centre to centre) and then the hole spacing between the end plates (centre to centre) I can fabricate some stout A arm towbars in my shop, might even make 2 and only charge you materials cost.........it's a lot cheaper than a lowboy!

I took trace paper traced the outline of the docking plates as well as the position of the bolt pattern. I also took layout measurements left to right. Heres a couple pics of plates. Some holes are for nuts and bolts and bolt together and some are threaded to bolt tighten only. There truely stout!!

Attachments