• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MK-48 FPU Batteries and seats

jpinst

I got my MK48 FPU but the seats and cushions are torn to threads.

Although they are no duce seats, the cushions kind of look like HMMWV seats. Does anybody know what common trucks takes the same kind of seat cushions? The seats themselves are mechanically fine.

On another note, the batteries are fried, but look like standard mil batteries. Where could I get another set here in SoCal 92626, or have them sent to me?

Thanks in advance

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
You can take the seats to an upholsterer that does boat seats or custom seats for hot rods. Unless you just want the military canvas look you can have them done in fabric or vinyl. I had a guy do a deuce springer seat using the small Army shelter halfs.

Unless you just want the Milspec batteries you can just use reg high CCA car/truck batteries.

You'll have to fab some hold downs but you'll pay through the nose for the big batteries unless you can find a dealer that sells blems.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
WM has a great suggestion regarding the seat cushions. The batteries are available commercially if you want to go with the standard 6TLs or you can buy commercial equivalents that will fit in the box. Just take measurements.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks