• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MK17 Rear units went Cheap?

1stDeuce

Ok, I haven't been to GovLiquidation lately, but a random visit today has me just about sick... It seems they just offed a bunch of LVS MK17 rear units in GA. The posted prices, which I hope are wrong, are all less than $1000. Mostly a LOT less.

Those trucks have a really nice dropside bed, a sweet crane on the back, and the rest is probably worth more in scrap then they're showing for right now. I'm gonna be sick... One of those cranes would go SOOO nice behind the deuce cab...

Guess I should check more often. Hopefully they'll surplus out some near me!! (Wonder why... When I worked at Oshkosh, the marines HAD to have their LVS, a HEMTT just wouldn't do... :)

C

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wish they had more front end units. A few got out in years past, but I haven't seen any in the past year. All I know is, whoever got those early front units, he's the luckiest guy in the world, since he has the critical part.

Michael

I glanced at them the other day. Weren't they at a "buyer loads" site? Looked like they would be a bitch to get home. I would add that they aren't the first ones to sell there in the last few months assuming of coarse it isn't the same ones selling again.

kmfcap

probably went cheap because they have no front hitches and are therefore very expensive to move. If they had a front hitch...... anyone selling front hitches???

1stDeuce

I believe it's the same as a HEMTT. If I recall, they use the same front axle as a HEMTT, and the rear of the front unit is a HEMTT rear, and the rears of the trailer unit are slightly different because they have selectable lockers in them. (NICE!!)
C

EDIT:
Nope, I was wrong on the axles... LVS uses eaton axles all around (380 series in front, 580 in the back) whereas HEMTT uses Oshkosh 48k axles on the front and Eaton 480's in the rear.
I think the bolt patterns are the same still...
Hmm, wonder if the 580's would make a nice swap to get full locking axles in the back of a HEMTT??

Last edited:

LanceRobson

The prices shown by GL after the auction never match the sale price or the price things were at at the scheduled closing.

I've bought trucks for $2,300 that the post auction page shows as $970. Handy to show to the wife but it has nothing to do with reality.

Go take a look at the last few purchases you made and look up the sale and lot info on GL and you'll see what I mean.

Lance

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Lately there's only been MK14's. Haven't seen any 17's.

You won't get one for a grand like the start of the thread.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks