• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MK18A1 on M977

Csm Davis

Thanks and sorry bikeman I learned something new didn't know they ever built those had read back when they went to building the PLS that they had looked at doing the LHS but didn't remember the acronym and never saw one, so the Marine in me automatically thought LHS boat.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No worries. The LHS and PLS are some ver versitile pieces of equipment. but at a glance the only way you can tell them apart is the extra axle. the LHS was built as a 'version' of the HEMMT while the PLS was built from "scratch". The biggest advantage of the PLS is the hauling capacity (duh, no 3rd axle on the LHS) and the hook which can pull up more tonnage. The 'bed' weight capacity of a PLS is more than the hook, but the limiting factor is if you have to hook the load or it can be craned/wretch'd/Kalmar'd on.

Course with the Marines and their mk18 stuff, I haven't got a clue. Sadly haven't (and won't) really cover their detailed capabilities.

M920

Very nice looking HEMTT! Cool project....did you have to drill a lot of holes for the swap? What is it going to be used for?

I would love to see more pictures of the truck!!

M1075

Great looking project! All LHS/PLS rigs are awesome in my book. The ultimate in terms of flexibility! I have several of the EMMs if you need any.

TacticalTruck

Looks like a lot of work.
Not if you delegate but don't sleep in.

We're drilling zero holes, just using existing holes. I'll post more as it goes. It has to sit up to clear the t-case. It is for a customer w/ a tree service.I forgot to bid on a dump body EEM a few months back, still kicking myself. What do you have? Any flat racks? dummydog 022.jpgdummydog 023.jpg

hankstrucks

That's my buds Rich's . He was tired of his truck sitting around so Jeff S. and his guys are doing the work. Jeff has this owe some shop in Va.with over head cranes in it and all the steel fab goodies so the in stall is very simple. Jeff has been in to the military trucks for years so with his skill and attitude it should work well. I can't wait to back in town along with the pls 1076 trailer. Long train coming......

TacticalTruck

Finally got back on this and powered it up today. I still have not found a manual for the MK18A1. This thing is so much more complicated than the Army's. HEMTThook 008.jpg

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Finally got back on this and powered it up today. I still have not found a manual for the MK18A1. This thing is so much more complicated than the Army's. View attachment 453607
The tm is part of the USMC ribbon bridge TMs because the MK18A1 is a RIBBON BRIDGE launcher, selfloading containers, flat racks, ect. is a secondary use.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks