• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mk23 First Gear

Camoguy

2002 MK23 Does anyone know the sequence to get the truck into first gear. The manuel says to select mode then shift down to first. However the manual is showing a more modern shift panel with 2 digits. My shift panel only has a single digit. (Doesn't work for me)
My understanding is that first gear is taking the place of a low gear that would normaly be in the T-case. I can only shift down to 2nd.

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
With my 01, you put it into drive, then tap the down button until you reach first gear “1”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Camoguy

With my 01, you put it into drive, then tap the down button until you reach first gear “1”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well that sucks to hear. I cant go past 2nd. Is there anything that might be engaged that may keep it from shifting into first like a safety switch on a lawn mower seat?

MAdams

Every once and a while mine won't let me into 1st. I press the down arrow several times but it stops at 2. The next time I drive the truck is fine going into 1. Who knows

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Camoguy

Cargo load settings must be 7 tons or less. If it is set it to full load the transmission will not shift to first. Also learned you can lock all three diffs and t-case by pushing the lock button 3 times once you lower the load & terrain settings. BEAST MODE😎
🙄 Now that being said I felt like I tried that five different ways and it did not work. But I read the instructions and now it works every time.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks